turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jmopri

The IRS is saying that my stimulus check may be delayed / unavailable because the SS number on my return is unavailable or stolen. How can I verify this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The IRS is saying that my stimulus check may be delayed / unavailable because the SS number on my return is unavailable or stolen. How can I verify this?

Did you receive a letter from the IRS explaining what to do to verify your identity?  If you did, you need to follow the instructions on the letter.  If you receive a 5071C letter, verify your identity with the IRS. There are two ways to verify your identity with the IRSOnline on the IRS' secure Identity Verification Service website, idverify.irs.gov or. By calling the toll-free number listed in your letter.

Identity Verification for IRS Letter Recipients

https://www.irs.gov/identity-theft-fraud-scams/identity-verification-for-irs-letter-recipients

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Did you receive a letter from the IRS explaining what to do to verify your identity?  If you did, you need to follow the instructions on the letter.  If you receive a 5071C letter, verify your identity with the IRS. There are two ways to verify your identity with the IRSOnline on the IRS' secure Identity Verification Service website, idverify.irs.gov or. By calling the toll-free number listed in your letter.

Identity Verification for IRS Letter Recipients

https://www.irs.gov/identity-theft-fraud-scams/identity-verification-for-irs-letter-recipients

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies