Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The IRS has not posted the credit card payment I authorized through tubo tax when I filed my return. I was charged on my card but how do I prove it was made?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
trhaist

The IRS has not posted the credit card payment I authorized through tubo tax when I filed my return. I was charged on my card but how do I prove it was made?

Call the IRS's toll-free number at 800-908-9946 to ask if the payment has been credited to your tax account.  Tell them you made a payment.  Have your credit card statement ready with the date and transaction number.   Confirm payment to the IRS with your credit card provider in advance. 

If your credit card statement shows the amount was paid then who was the payee?  The credit card statement is your proof of payment.

Look at your tax account on the IRS website to see if you still have balance - https://www.irs.gov/payments/view-your-tax-account

I received an IRS notice stating I owed the amount that was supposed to have been paid by credit card. Your saying I need to contact the credit card company for verification of payment and not turbo tax.

if you have a credit card statement showing the charge made to the IRS, then that's all the proof you need. TurboTax is not involved in the payment.  We simply send the information on how you want to pay your tax to the IRS and only they can initiate the transaction.  If the charge hows on your statement then the IRS made the charge and knows about the payment.

Is the amount on your credit card statement the same amount the IRS says you owe?  Maybe the credit card charge is just for the Turbo Tax fees?  What is the description on the charge?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies