Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Every time I send "efile" I keep getting Rejection Code R0000-544-02, how do i find out which dependents social security number has already been filed?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Every time I send "efile" I keep getting Rejection Code R0000-544-02, how do i find out which dependents social security number has already been filed?

That's not what it means. Rather,

Reject Code R0000-544-02: The Primary Taxpayer SSN must not be the same as a Dependent SSN on another tax return.

This return has been rejected by the IRS because the taxpayer has been listed as a dependent on another tax return.

Verify the taxpayer's Social Security Number has been entered correctly.  If the taxpayer has been listed as a dependent on another tax return for the current tax year, no dependents can be claimed on this return.  

You have to file by mail.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

That's not what it means. Rather,

Reject Code R0000-544-02: The Primary Taxpayer SSN must not be the same as a Dependent SSN on another tax return.

This return has been rejected by the IRS because the taxpayer has been listed as a dependent on another tax return.

Verify the taxpayer's Social Security Number has been entered correctly.  If the taxpayer has been listed as a dependent on another tax return for the current tax year, no dependents can be claimed on this return.  

You have to file by mail.

Tweety000

Is it saying like I'm the taxpayer filing a tax return so I put my social its saying that I cant file because someone else has claimed me as a dependant on their tax return correct?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies