turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Taxes were rejected for entering AGI from last year using transcripts from IRS. IRS has AGI for both of us filing jointly, TT has separate boxes for each of us. Help pl

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Taxes were rejected for entering AGI from last year using transcripts from IRS. IRS has AGI for both of us filing jointly, TT has separate boxes for each of us. Help pl

Since you filed a joint return for 2017 then the AGI is the same for each of you.  Enter the same amount in each place by your individual names for the 2018 return you are trying to e-file.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Items found in tax transcripts: 

ADJUSTED GROSS INCOME:..............................................$72,456.00
ADJUSTED GROSS INCOME PER COMPUTER:.................................$73,500.00

In this most recent try, I put in the numbers below that represent the proportion of the AGI (not the Per Computer amount) for each of us.  I have tried each of the above numbers for both of us and split up in different ways.  

This is how it looks copied from the TT interface (with some editing to clarify)

ME
$40,734 (2017 adjusted gross income)

My Wife
$31,722.00 (2017 adjusted gross income)

Questions:

Which amount from the federal transcripts and for whom?  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies