turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax return keeps being rejected by IRS because there is no place to put in my deceased husbands pin. Also the AGI is listed but was asked for again. Any way to fix this glitch in the Turbo Tax system?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

Tax return keeps being rejected by IRS because there is no place to put in my deceased husbands pin. Also the AGI is listed but was asked for again. Any way to fix this glitch in the Turbo Tax system?

You might want to verify his 2018 AGI.  If after you exhausted all your options ( see below), you would have to print out your tax forms and submit them by mail.

To locate his Adjusted Gross Income AGI from last year, please follow these instructions:

If you have filed your last year 2018 tax return and have a copy of the tax forms, you may locate the amounts on line 7 on your 2018 Form 1040 or line 35 on 2018 Form 1040-NR if applies to you.

If you used TurboTax online to file, you can access your account here Login and download a copy of your prior year’s 1040 tax return to find your AGI.  Click here for instructions: Prior year's return

If you do not have a copy of the tax forms, you may order a transcript from the IRS.  Click here Get  Transcript and select  "Get Transcript Online "  On the transcript, look under section "Adjustment to Income" and find the amount for Adjusted Gross Income.

@Yellowfroggie

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

did your spouse die in 2019? There is a problem with Efiling when one spouse died during the year.  You have print and mail your return this year. 

If your husband had an IP PIN, there is a place for that.

If you are trying the  5-digit self-select PIN from last year now, you must clear the AGI field to avoid a mismatch.

But, as noted, e-File is usually disabled for you anyway. 

jkelly

I have the same problem. How do I get my money back that I paid for efiling my state return? If this is a known problem, TurboTax should have told me and not allowed me to pay the fee to efile.

I learned the lesson about loosing state tax filing fees several years ago.  Now I ALWAYS file just the federal first and wait for acceptance.  I just saved myself the fee now, because my spouse passed away last year and now the IRS cannot match the AGI for some reason.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies