Did you mean: 
Malewitzm
Level 1

Suggestions for the Community

Thank you very much!! 

rootsmusic
Level 3

Please allow me to delete my own post/reply.

stlucia95
Level 2

Yes quit moving things around.  One forum for the people who buy your disk and stick with it.  Why the move?

rootsmusic
Level 3

KatieH
Community Manager

@rootsmusic Unfortunately deleting isn't available, but there are a couple of ways to achieve the same thing. You can edit your post to remove the text in it (replace with n/m - "no message"). OR, you can "Report" your post (using the post dropdown menu) and request that a moderator removes it.

As for labels, I have good news! There will be enhanced label functionality being implemented very shortly (including product/version).

There is currently an advanced search as well - on the search screen, there is a small blue link that says "Advanced." You'll be able to access a lot more search functionality there.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
rootsmusic
Level 3

Great, @KatieH!  Where's the search screen?

tagteam
Level 15

You can search from the home page (and many others), but you can also get there via the link below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=fal...

KatieH
Community Manager

@rootsmusic What @tagteam said! 🙂 Or, another way to get there... in the header is a search box. Click the magnifying glass, and it will take you to the full page. From there you can select "Advanced."

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
markmartian
Level 2

I've noticed that content more than a year or two old gets deleted from these forums.  I've made many contributions over the years, and when I go back to refer to one of them they're gone.  There is so much valuable content that seems to be archived or deleted.  Is there a way to search the archive?   I realize some old content is out of date, but some is still very pertinent and useful.

I've posted here several times, but I've decided to no longer do so if it's just going to be deleted in a year.  I'll post on other financial forums with tax threads in the future.  Frustrating to lose that much knowledge base.

tagteam
Level 15

@markmartian wrote:

Is there a way to search the archive?  

No, unfortunately the content that has been archived is not searchable.

macuser_22
Level 15

The old AXE (Answer Exchange) forum has been discontinued and much of the contents was "migrated" to this new forum around June of 2019, unfortunately the old threads going back several years lost the original posting date and have the date of migration which is why there are so many 6/1/19  dates on posts that can be years old.  I believe that only old threads that had answers were migrated and many links and screenshots became mutilated in the migration.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
markmartian
Level 2

I've searched for the exact titles of several questions with helpful content from 2016-18 and they're all missing.  Lots of VERY valuable content that people put time into posting is lost.  How does this happen?  So incredibly foolish and frustrating.  I'm thankful I printed some of the most helpful answers out, but SHAME on Ttax for deleting so much valuable content.  Is there any way to search the old forum posts?

tagteam
Level 15

@markmartian wrote:

Is there any way to search the old forum posts?

They are archived - there is no way to search archived posts and the old forum is essentially gone.

RocketJSquirrel
Level 6

@RocketJSquirrel wrote on 03-24-2018 6:02 PM:

I would like to see a link to New Posts Since Your Last Visit. If this exists, I can't find it.

This is the very first post in this thread. Still waiting.

RickG
Expert Alumni

So a follow-up question on this suggestion, how do you think something like that could be implemented, or where would you want to see that?  As like a catch all add on, or like each board has that link and only shows you that board's new items from the last time you visited? Or something else entirely?

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings