turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

State Solar Credit appears during review

I have never filed for solar tax credit. When I do my state review, the Solar Credit Form310 keeps showing up asking me to enter address.  I verified the box was not checked on "Other Nonrefundable Credits" - "Solar and wind energy devices (form 310).  Any ideas?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I wanted to make an account with IRS today , they did not recognize my address, than they did not recognize my CITY  ! Ok, lets try another day.

BillM223
Employee Tax Expert

@bmanTaxTime

This is a known issue. Please see this TurboTax page to follow progress on the resolution.

Conversely, please see the following workaround.

***workaround***

Some users have reported that even though they do not choose the solar energy credit for Arizona, in the state review, they are asked to fill some fields for form 310 (Solar Energy Credit).

We have not been able to reproduce this issue; however, a TurboTax user has come up with a workaround.

When you are asked about entering the property address for the location of the solar energy property, go ahead and enter an address (any address). Then answer any other questions that you have to in order to get off the form. Enter zeros for numbers, if necessary.

Note, it does not matter what you enter, because we are going to delete the form.

To delete the form, please follow these instructions:

1. Finish the rest of your return , and do the Review process. After this is done (and before you file), do the following:

*** Desktop***

2. go to View (at the top), choose Forms, and select the desired form (Arizona 310). Note the Delete Form button at the bottom of the screen.

*** Online ***

2. go to Tax Tools (on the left), and navigate to Tools->Delete a form

3. delete form Arizona 310

Now you can file your return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
BillM223
Employee Tax Expert

@johhanna

Does your question have anything to do with the Arizona solar credit?

If not, then please make a new post with your question, and not piggyback on an unrelated post, where most people will not see your question. Thanks....

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Went back several times and couldn't get it to go away, so on the last run I UNCHECKED all of the 'None of the above' and clicked continue. That seemed to fix the issue. It's the only thing I did different.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies