turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cji76

ssa 1099

I have 3 ssa-1099s.  2 are for dependents and have their ss# on them.  Do I need to add these to my own income and report these?  Last year I went to h&r block and they had me add them in.  But I don't believe it to be true.  Now I don't know what to do for this year.  Also if I don't have to include these on my return should I amend last years return?  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
AJ
Level 6

ssa 1099

I agree with you, and I recommend that you return to the office of your paid preparer and request a review from a senior tax preparer. An amended return might be needed, but  I do not know all of your details for this case. I assume that a child is supported by you and that the dependency status is valid.  The child's disability income would not be included in your income when paid under the child's SSN.   Income to the child would be included on a separate tax return in the child's name.  Unless the child has other income, there might not be a filing requirement for the child.  If the child has significant other income, then the child might be required to file. The parent or guardian often signs the return in these cases.

Manage cookies