turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

DocGood
Returning Member

Spouse did not submit a return for 2019 and I'm getting efile rejection with IND-666-02 - If the Spouse SSN appears more than once in the e-File database, then 'PINTypeCd' must not have the value "Self-Select On-Line"

Spouse did not submit a return for 2019 and I'm getting efile rejection with IND-666-02 - If the Spouse SSN appears more than once in the e-File database, then 'PINTypeCd' must not have the value "Self-Select On-Line"
They did submit last year before Apr 2019 for 2018 separately and it probably created another e-file pin in the database?
How do I get this fixed to be able to e-file 2019 jointly? I refuse to print and mail. This is a software glitch. Can anyone help? Tried to contact Intuit Turbo Tax, but their support is borked.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
SusanY1
Employee Tax Expert

This message comes from the IRS Servers, not the TurboTax program.  Once a social security number is "used" in the e-File system, another return containing that social security number cannot be filed.  There is no workaround.  You will have to print the return and mail it.

The most common reason for this to occur for tax year 2019 is when a taxpayer has incorrectly filled out the nonfiler form for the economic impact payment ("stimulus check") previously.  

Other reasons can include being listed as a dependent of another taxpayer or, occasionally, identity theft. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies