turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Doron137

So I accidentally filed for Florida taxes but don't have a business or property will this effect me if I don't do anything or will they come after my return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

So I accidentally filed for Florida taxes but don't have a business or property will this effect me if I don't do anything or will they come after my return?

What return did you file in Florida, an intangible tax return or corporation return? There is no personal income tax return for Florida. Also, did you file the return or just have it in your program?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@Doron137 Nothing will happen; the return (Form DR-405) is most likely blank and cannot be e-filed.

Carl
Level 15

If you did not file a SCH C, SCH E or SCH F with your federal return, then once the receive the DR-405 in Tallahassee or at your local county courthouse (whichever you mailed it to since you can't e-file it) they'll all have what will be yet another laugh (as you're not the first, won't be the last) and then throw it away.

Doron137

It says Filed Florida Tax Return Return Status: Printed it also says  FL state ready to mail"  in my TurboTax. should I do anything or since I didn't need to, I should just let it be?

@Doron137 wrote:

It says Filed Florida Tax Return Return Status: Printed it also says  FL state ready to mail"  in my TurboTax. should I do anything or since I didn't need to, I should just let it be?

Just let it be - ignore it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies