Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mymailva

Second-round stimulus only calculating $2,400. Payments are $1,200 for each adult and additional $600 per child. I meet the requirements for full payment, what's going on

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Second-round stimulus only calculating $2,400. Payments are $1,200 for each adult and additional $600 per child. I meet the requirements for full payment, what's going on

No.  Only the first round was 1200 for single (2400 for married).  The second round is $600 each for everyone.

See IRS question 1 here,

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/2020-recovery-rebate-credit-topic-f-finding-the-first-and-second-econom... 

It says.....

• the first Economic Impact Payment was $1,200 ($2,400 if married filing jointly) plus $500 for each qualifying child you had in 2020; and
  • the second Economic Impact Payment was $600 ($1,200 if married filing jointly) plus $600 for each qualifying child had in 2020.
mymailva

Thank you for clearing that up!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies