Says I need to pay to download my 2017 tax return where do I go to pay?

If it was prepared in Free Edition last year, access will be locked.   If that's your situation, we can tell you how to pay to unlock your 2017 return.   The method to unlock it depends on what all you have done with your 2018 return.

If you have found the 2017 return, but access is locked, please answer all of the following:

1.  What is the story on your 2018 return?   Have you already filed a 2018 return in Online TurboTax, or is one still in preparation?  Or did you file elsewhere?
  2. Was the 2018 return prepared in Free Edition?
  3. Is the 2018 return in the SAME account as the 2017 online return?

We can tell you the steps to unlock a prior return once you answer all 3 questions above.

There's also a free option if a return transcript will suit your purpose.   You may be able to immediately download one at the IRS website if you qualify to open an IRS account there.  Otherwise, to order a transcript to come by postal mail takes 5-10 calendar days.
http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript