turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

min77

Retirement Income 1099R

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Retirement Income 1099R

You question was cut off.  Could you please enter additional information?

If you are asking how to enter a 1099-R, please follow these steps:

1. Click on Federal > Wages & Income.
  2. Scroll down to the Retirement Plans and Social Security section and click on the Start/Revisit box next to IRA, 4701(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R). 
  3. If you've already entered one (or more) 1099-Rs, you will see a screen Your1099-R Entries.  
  4. Now you can click on the link Add Another 1099-R
  5. If you haven't already entered a 1099-R, you will see the screen, Your1099-R. Click Yes and then Continue.
  6. Click the I'll type it in myself box 
  7. On the screen, Tell Us Which 1099-R You Have.  Make sure you select the correct form and then click Continue.
  8. When you are finished entering the 1099-R information, you will be brought back to the Your 1099-R Entries screen.  Click Continue if you have no more 1099-Rs to enter.
  9. Click on Federal > Wages & Income.
  10. Scroll down to the Retirement Plans and Social Security section and click on the Start/Revisit box next to IRA, 4701(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R). 
  11. If you've already entered one (or more) 1099-Rs, you will see a screen Your1099-R Entries.  
  12. Now you can click on the link Add Another 1099-R
  13. If you haven't already entered a 1099-R, you will see the screen, Your1099-R. Click Yes and then Continue.
  14. Click the I'll type it in myself box 
  15. On the screen, Tell Us Which 1099-R You Have.  Make sure you select the correct form and then click Continue.
  16. When you are finished entering the 1099-R information, you will be brought back to the Your 1099-R Entries screen.  Click Continue if you have no more 1099-Rs to enter.
LucyLily2

Retirement Income 1099R

I cannot get retirement income piece on my Turbo Tax

I cannot access state income tax on my Turbo Tax

I cannot reach a human for help

I get an error message when I open the program although if I ignore the message, the program seems to open

I am BEYOND frustrated

The robo response team seems unable to help me.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Retirement Income 1099R

Here's a troubleshooting article to help you with your issue.

Troubleshoot installation and running TurboTax for Windows

If you find you still need help, please contact customer support by following the instructions below. 

Contact Customer Support 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
katagiri825
Returning Member

Retirement Income 1099R

I have completed reviews, now, Turbotax cautiones to make correction for my input in 1099R data rcvd from Protective Life Insurence company.   I do not know how?  call me at [phone number removed] to instruct me to finalize.

Thanks. MK

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Retirement Income 1099R

We cannot process a call to you using this site, you will have to contact us by one of the methods detailed below:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

[Edited 4/5/20 at 5:42PM EST]

Retirement Income 1099R

It was not helpful!  I transferred the funds to another qualified account and there was no where to put the new account in the form.

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

Retirement Income 1099R

You should have received two 1099-Rs.  One from the account the transfer came from the second from the account you transferred the funds to.  You will enter each 1099-R separately in TurboTax.   With TurboTax open select the Wages & Income tab scroll down to the line with 1099-R select add/edit to enter your first 1099-R.  When you are finished with the first 1099-R enter your second  1099-R.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies