turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Rejected with correct agi

We understand you are having an experience with entering your AGI. Please follow the instructions in this link: (AGI Help Article). If this does not resolve your issue, what is the exact message you are getting?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I my form wasnt processed till October last year, I enter the correct AGI twicw and was rejected so I entered 0. I was then accepted.

Zero worked for me

This is not the best answer. The best answer is to enter zero.

This has happened to me now 2 years in a row. It is getting rather annoying!

Like the other person said, there is box somewhere asking about you spouses AGI you have to put 0 in that box, If I remembered the line etc. , I would tell you but I don't.  If you resubmit with 0 in that box it will file properly.  I'm sure I don't need to tell you t this point but Turbotax is completely useless when you have  problem like this, they should be all over it trying to find and supply the answer but they won't do anything, thy are glad to take you money but no help at all, unless you want to pay extra. Sorry I don'y know about the dependant issue but neither will Turbotax!

marjibar

THANK YOU FOR THIS!

I have been having this issue the last two years and never heard this option - AND IT WORKED! Trying ZERO "0" as the AGI should be the TOP answer in this thread!

TRY 0 (zero) TRY (0) zero if you are having this problem - IT WORKE FOR ME! March 2021! 

(After 6 rejects)

THANK YOU!

I keep getting my return rejected because my AGI doesn't match last years. It was carried over from last years turbo tax. I pulled up that return and the number matches. That return was filed on time last year. How do I correct this?

what number do I use to 

MayaD
Expert Alumni

The IRS requires your 2019 AGI to verify your identity for e-filing. Please check the link What if I entered the correct AGI and I’m still getting an e-file reject?

If you’re still having trouble, we suggest that you check with the IRS to make sure that the copy of your return is the same as what they have in their records. To do this, you can order a tax return transcript. 

Mine got rejected twice with the correct AGI. But then I entered the zero the third time and that worked so I hope that helped

I wish, thank you for trying! I printed and sent it in for the second year in a row! 

Mine got rejected twice with the correct AGI.  I did not efile last year so wondering if that is the problem.  I just tried putting in "0".  Will see if that works.

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

We understand you are having an experience with entering your AGI. Please follow the instructions in this link: (AGI Help Article). If this does not resolve your issue, what is the exact message you are getting?

judyearn

what do now?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies