turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Eares20

Rejected with correct agi

Good question.

manny3934

My AGI is correct from my tax return 2018. Why is it still rejecting my 2019 tax return?

LindaB1993
Expert Alumni

It seems you may need to verify your AGI directly with IRS.

To retrieve your original AGI from your previous year's tax return you may do one of the following:

1. Use the IRS Get Transcript Online tool to immediately view your Prior Year AGI. ...
  2. Contact the IRS toll free at 1-800-829-1040.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
orc1941

I am going to mail the tax returns but I ready paid to file my state tax electronically. How do I get a refund?

@orc1941 wrote:

I am going to mail the tax returns but I ready paid to file my state tax electronically. How do I get a refund?

Contact customer service for a refund.  Say you have a billing issue, saying refund will get information  on tax refunds.

There is no single published number because it changes contently depending on the nature of the call and agent availability. Following the link below will either give a current number for you to call or take your number for a callback.

(Note that phone support is for paying customers only. There is no phone support for Free Customers.)

Here is a TurboTax FAQ for contacting customer support.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Sbuker1

I’m having the same problem- What did you end up doing?

orc1941

Printed out copies of completed tax forms from TurboTax and mailed it in.

Turbotax sucks and they won't fix the problem.  I've used this product for many years with no issues until I did my mom's taxes.  Her husband passed away last year.  I got rejected for incorrect AGI several times.  I even ordered her transcript to double check the AGI, it was correct.  I tried everything with this product, no luck.

I then followed the advice of others and used the online product FreeTaxUsa.  Worked great and only cost $14.95 to submit my state return with the federal.   Was accepted within a half hour.  I'll no longer use TurboTax.

They wasted too much of my TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FYI FreeTaxUsa will import your Turbotax data from last years PDF.

DEBE1

I had the same problem and I don't think it's something with the IRS I went to freetaxUSA and redid my taxes submitted them. Finally the answer back was "Congratulations! The IRS has accepted your tax return."

Pretty upsetting considering I had spend good money on the Deluxe Turbo Tax it it was useless to me.

I am just glad I was able to electronic file my taxes and it was free for what I needed.

Good luck to everyone!

Ml9491

How do I correct my AGI number 

For AGI Reject code 031
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/rejections/help/e-file-reject-ind-031-04-or-ind-032-04-the-agi-or-...

When did you file 2018? If it was late in the year try putting in zero for the AGI. And see, https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/rejections/help/what-if-i-entered-the-correct-agi-and-i-m-still-ge...

If your spouse died during 2019 there is a problem efiling and you will have to mail your return

How to correct the AGI
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/where-do-i-correct-my-agi-in-turbotax-online/00/26311

If you can’t get it to efile you will have to print and mail it.
How to mail a return from the Online version
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

Be sure to attach copies of your W2s and any 1099s that have withholding on them.  You have to mail federal and state in separate envelopes because they go to different places.  Get a tracking number from the post office when you mail them for proof of filing.

Just enter 0 in your AGI and they should accept it.  Dont ask me why I really don't know I did it because someone else said do it on a help question and it worked for me to!

@Jay Mass wrote:

Just enter 0 in your AGI and they should accept it.  Dont ask me why I really don't know I did it because someone else said do it on a help question and it worked for me to!

A 2018 tax return files late has a good chance of net getting entered into the IRS AGI database so it thinks the 2018 AGO is zero.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
blazer7a

I was able to get mine to be accepted by changing it to $0. After I found a thread on the IRS.gov site

I thought you were here to help us.  I put in last years AGI (2018) and not accepted.  I tried to access IRS.Gov. yet stuck with username isses.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies