Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Joey Lantigua
Returning Member

Refund Information for my daughter

Dear Turbo Tax:

Me and wife have received the government stimulus package. However, I don't believe that our daughter (who is 22 yrs old) was not included with the package. Question, is she eligible to receive the stimulus package amount since she was born here in the US and is a US citizen? Please contact me on what to do in order to see if she qualifies for the government stimulus package. Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
PattiF
Expert Alumni

To clarify this, was she listed as a dependent on your return? Did she file her own tax return for 2020?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Joey Lantigua
Returning Member

To answer your inquiry. No, my daughter did not file the 2020 Income tax. She is still under my care and I have her as dependent in my income tax for the 2020 tax year. Do you think that she needs to file the 2020 Tax even though she has never worked? Although she is presently looking for a job.

KrisD15
Expert Alumni

It depends which package you are referring to.

As a dependent and over 17, she would not have triggered a stimulus payment for the first nor second payments. 

If you listed her as a dependent on your 2020 tax year return, you should get the 1,400 payment for your dependent child in the third stimulus payment. 

This third payment will be sent independently from your 2020 tax return. Only the "Recover Rebate Credit" is included in your 2020 refund and only if you did not get the full first and/or second payments. 

You should expect a payment of 1,400 for her with your third stimulus but no additional based on her for the first or second payments. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies