Real estate taxes

The wife and I both have full time jobs and have 4 business out of our home, 2 of which share a home office.  We didn't have enough to itemize this year, so are taking the standard deduction.  I want to confirm that I have "excess mortgage interest" and where to enter the real estate taxes.  The first window of the "Enter real estate taxes" states "If you paid real estate taxes but are not itemizing deductions, do not enter your real estate taxes here.  Enter them as excess real estate taxes later.  I did so, but the next window as if you have real excess real estate taxes and states that "this is not common".  Very confusing.  Help!!!

Real estate taxes

You would only enter them in the home office section.  Any remaining amounts, not used for your home office, will automatically transfer to itemized personal deductions.  No further entry is needed.  If your state allows itemizing, even though you take the Standard Deduction on the federal return, they will automatically transfer over to the state as well.