Purchased Turbo Tax Deluxe. Ad says 5 free Federal Efiles, 1 free State Efile. I am getting charged for my state efiles. Why am I not getting my free state efile?

seth101:
If you had no CD drive, TurboTax Support would have pushed you the download installation file so you could install it on your computer.

Deceptive is right.

Agreed! Deceptive! And a PIA but will send state separately.  Will not let the corporations/liars win

Agreed! I just finished my return and the software said I get one free state return and was charged $24.99. There is to many hidden cost and fees with them.

You are very deceptive!! Why am I paying 24.99 for the state when previous years I never paid!! This was the reason I used turbo tax these passed 6 years because it was included !!! I will never again buy your program again!! Next year I will go to HR block at least they tell you what you will pay!! Shame on you Turbo!!!!
I’m Done!!!!

This is not right.. the SW box should say that e-file is not included! bt instead you decided to say State included, and then charging for e-file.

Now my original comment didn't post.  But this is ridiculous!! I have been a loyal Turbo Tax customer for years and have never paid for state return.  Plus it isn't $19.99 its $24.99.  H&R Block has free file and when they say free, It's really free!!  Very disappointed Turbo Tax.  I will have to rethink the way I do taxes for my family in the future.  Will not be recommending Turbo Tax to anyone again.  I already paid you for using your program and I refuse to pay any more just because you have gotten greedy!!

Not only deceptive, but appears to happen after updating the program! I prepared by son's returns back in February and it asked if I wanted to use the free state e-file for that return.  I said no because I wanted to use it for my return.  Today I updated the software and began finalizing my return. Now I am trying to use it and it says I have to pay $24.99!  I have been using this program for many, many years and I have NEVER paid to e-file a state return.  (using TurboTax Premier)

It is the state program download to prepare the state returns that is free.   The state efile fee is an extra charge.    Except for a New York state return, which does not have a state efile fee.   There is no fee to print and mail the state returns.

The state efile fee in the desktop version (CD/download) has been present for many years.     Here's a thread from 2 years ago (January 2016) regarding a 2015 return and the state efile fee:

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2931865-what-is-the-efile-fee-that-turbotax-will-charge-to-file-a-...>

In early filing season the state efile fee is typically discounted to 19.99.    It increased to 24.99 on March 16 when the early-season discounts on all TurboTax products expired.

This is deceptive salesperson bullshit.  It's totally insulting, and reeks of ignoranot lowbrow slimy salesperson tactics. I don't think I'll use turbotax next year, just out of principal alone.  I'd rather pay more than put money towards some bullshit sales tactic.

last time I will purchase, you think you have the market cornered but the sad thing is you charge 59.99 for audit defense and 29.99 for state I mine as well pay an accountant

Agree with all statements. Very deceptive and basically an outright lie regarding the state e-file.
Psb

after completing review it asked me to buy State (CA) e-File for $24.99 then while transmitting it kept finding errors on form 8949 and won't let me efile. So I am forced to print and file - that's ok. But how do I get a refund for the e-file charge $24.99?

PSB

Psb

Is there a Phone number to speak to a live person at Intuit/TT? I don't see a contact Us button anywhere

@Psb wrote:

Here's how you can contact TurboTax Support during business hours. 

When they are open, you can use the form at the link below to schedule a call back, or it may provide a number.   5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8PM Eastern).

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

Where the form asks what product you are using, be sure in the dropdown menu to indicate "CD/download" and the proper operating system, then indicate which Edition.

In the issue line, just say billing issue without quotes.