cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 20

Purchased Turbo Tax Deluxe. Ad says 5 free Federal Efiles, 1 free State Efile. I am getting charged for my state efiles. Why am I not getting my free state efile?

seth101:
If you had no CD drive, TurboTax Support would have pushed you the download installation file so you could install it on your computer.
Level 1

Purchased Turbo Tax Deluxe. Ad says 5 free Federal Efiles, 1 free State Efile. I am getting charged for my state efiles. Why am I not getting my free state efile?

Deceptive is right.
Level 1

Agreed! Deceptive! And a PIA but will send state separately.  Will not let the corporations/liars win
Level 2

Agreed! I just finished my return and the software said I get one free state return and was charged $24.99. There is to many hidden cost and fees with them.
Level 1

You are very deceptive!! Why am I paying 24.99 for the state when previous years I never paid!! This was the reason I used turbo tax these passed 6 years because it was included !!! I will never again buy your program again!! Next year I will go to HR block at least they tell you what you will pay!! Shame on you Turbo!!!!
I’m Done!!!!
Level 1

This is not right.. the SW box should say that e-file is not included! bt instead you decided to say State included, and then charging for e-file.
Level 1

Now my original comment didn't post.  But this is ridiculous!! I have been a loyal Turbo Tax customer for years and have never paid for state return.  Plus it isn't $19.99 its $24.99.  H&R Block has free file and when they say free, It's really free!!  Very disappointed Turbo Tax.  I will have to rethink the way I do taxes for my family in the future.  Will not be recommending Turbo Tax to anyone again.  I already paid you for using your program and I refuse to pay any more just because you have gotten greedy!!
Level 1

Not only deceptive, but appears to happen after updating the program! I prepared by son's returns back in February and it asked if I wanted to use the free state e-file for that return.  I said no because I wanted to use it for my return.  Today I updated the software and began finalizing my return. Now I am trying to use it and it says I have to pay $24.99!  I have been using this program for many, many years and I have NEVER paid to e-file a state return.  (using TurboTax Premier)
Level 20

It is the state program download to prepare the state returns that is free.   The state efile fee is an extra charge.    Except for a New York state return, which does not have a state efile fee.   There is no fee to print and mail the state returns.

The state efile fee in the desktop version (CD/download) has been present for many years.     Here's a thread from 2 years ago (January 2016) regarding a 2015 return and the state efile fee:

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2931865-what-is-the-efile-fee-that-turbotax-will-charge-to-file-a-...>

In early filing season the state efile fee is typically discounted to 19.99.    It increased to 24.99 on March 16 when the early-season discounts on all TurboTax products expired.
Level 1

This is deceptive salesperson bullshit.  It's totally insulting, and reeks of ignoranot lowbrow slimy salesperson tactics. I don't think I'll use turbotax next year, just out of principal alone.  I'd rather pay more than put money towards some bullshit sales tactic.
Level 1

last time I will purchase, you think you have the market cornered but the sad thing is you charge 59.99 for audit defense and 29.99 for state I mine as well pay an accountant
Level 1

Agree with all statements. Very deceptive and basically an outright lie regarding the state e-file.
Psb
Level 3

after completing review it asked me to buy State (CA) e-File for $24.99 then while transmitting it kept finding errors on form 8949 and won't let me efile. So I am forced to print and file - that's ok. But how do I get a refund for the e-file charge $24.99?

PSB

Psb
Level 3

Is there a Phone number to speak to a live person at Intuit/TT? I don't see a contact Us button anywhere

Highlighted
Level 20

@Psb wrote:

Is there a Phone number to speak to a live person at Intuit/TT? I don't see a contact Us button anywhere

Here's how you can contact TurboTax Support during business hours. 

When they are open, you can use the form at the link below to schedule a call back, or it may provide a number.   5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8PM Eastern).

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

Where the form asks what product you are using, be sure in the dropdown menu to indicate "CD/download" and the proper operating system, then indicate which Edition.

In the issue line, just say billing issue without quotes.