turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Printing 2019 state returns?

TT Home and Business 2019 for Mac will not print state returns. Program freezes.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

14 Replies
MacRandy
Returning Member

I have the same, but different problem. I e-filed the federal rtn & want to mail the CA return. When I try to print the CA rtn TurboTax does not print the filing instructions, the fed return, the state return prints with 

DO NOT MAIL

E-FILE ONLY

DO NOT MAIL

printed on all of the CA rtn pages. I am using Mac Premier version.

MacRandy
Returning Member

I tried to print from forms & it clicked. The CA forms are not finalized SO they can be saved but not printed? Still don't understand the E-File Only. Maybe you can use the non-finalized forms for e-filing?

Can't efile. No reason to pay to file when I can mail and save $20.  When will I be able to print?

asmayard

I am having the same issue for Louisiana state taxes.  I would love to know when this will be fixed.

BillM223
Employee Tax Expert

The state of Louisiana has not released most of its tax forms yet (for print anyway), and once they are released, TurboTax will need some time to create forms that are approved by the state and also code and test the software that supports the forms.

As you can see in the State Forms Availability Table, most LA forms say "unsupported" for print because the state has not done their part yet. Once TurboTax gets the forms, it can start to work on a scheduled date (which will be at the link above), and eventually when the forms are ready in TurboTax, the page will say "available".

You will need to ask the Louisiana Department of Revenue when they plan on releasing the forms so the tax software companies can get to work.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I am trying to print both NY and CT returns. Neither still work - the program hangs.  I can print the Federal return. Same thing trying to make PDF files.

KarenM90
Intuit Alumni

Here is a TurboTax Help article recommending clearing cookies, here is the link with more details:  Help Printing or E-filing Return

Here is a link with instructions on how to clear cookies on Major Browsers:  Clear Cookies in Browser

I'm not using  browser or TT On-Line!

I'm using TT Home and Business for Mac.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the below link for instructions on how to print with the software using a Mac:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-a-copy-of-my-return-filed-in-the-turb...

I get to point #3 and press continue then the program hangs (spinning beachball) and I have to force quit to get out.

Same is true if I try to save too pdf.

Printing works for the Federal return only

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

Here is a link that will assist you with printing issues: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/troubleshoot-printing-issues/01/27086#M110

If you would like to contact customer support for additional assistance please see below. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

clarissap32
Returning Member

When you go to file, click on efile state ( you won't actually do it). If you choose file federal and state together you can input your bank info (for direct deposit). Once you do that click preview copy and you can save the file and print it.

kjbossman

As I write this on May 25, 2020, Louisiana Form LA IT-540, our 2019 Individual Income Tax Return, to print and mail, are still showing as "Unsupported" at the Turbo Tax, state form availability site.

Although we are retired, and owed no Louisiana income tax, we are still required to file, if we filed a federal return.

The Louisiana Dept of Revenue indicated on their website that the 2019 forms were available for download at the end of January, 2020.

We were not compelled to pay Turbo Tax $20 to E-file a Louisiana return, for which we owed no tax, nor were we receiving a refund. We finally downloaded the 2019, fillable .pdf forms from the Louisiana Dept of Revenue site, filled them out and mailed them in.

This all appears to be some kind of revenue enhancement policy Turbo Tax has adopted.  Not a good look for customer service.

MacRandy
Returning Member

Agreed. It never made sense to me CA would charge you to file taxes electronically when it saves the CA Franchise Tax Board time & money. This is a TurboTax surcharge. A BAD look for a company that has a good product & have recommended many times. I will now recommend with a caveat.

Manage cookies