turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Premier (Online) to Desktop Version - How to Request Line by Line Review?

Hi - I am a user of premier (online) TT product. Lately, TT experts moved me to the desktop version as online version could not support a lot of data. Now I am almost done with adding the information. How can I request line by line review (that is done for online - premier - accounts)? Is there a way in desktop version of the product to request line by line review of the return -before I file the returns? Any help from TT team would be super helpful.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

No---sorry.  That live review is only a feature available to users of online TurboTax--not desktop software.  If you have specific concerns or questions about your return you can ask us here.  But we cannot see your screen or your return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

If this is the first time you have used desktop software, you may not be aware that you can switch to Forms mode and view any of your schedules and forms before you file.  Looking at your forms may be helpful to you to spot anything that seems "off."  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900624-what-is-forms-mode

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901345-what-s-the-meaning-of-all-the-different-colors-in-forms-mo...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Always print a copy of your completed tax return for your records, and review it carefully before e-Filing.
You will need it if you are audited by the IRS, or to amend if necessary for any reason.
AND, to find your AGI next year.
AND, to reassure yourself that nothing is "off".

There are lot of smart errors that are being caught by the software when I am filing taxes. I don't know how to even understand them to put them here - but they are all related to my K1s. Like there is a "Z" code (Line 20 - 199A) but there is no income reported on K1 form - that's an error by the software. I don't know if I am adding wrong values from K1 supplement form.

Last year I used Glance to share screen with TT expert team. Without showing K1 form, I don't think TT software is intuitive enough to get all right information at right places. Wondering how to do that now since I am sent to Desktop version of the software. Seems like chicken and egg problem. 🙂 

Note: I bought online premier version for line by line review primarily. I bought that so that I get review support because of K1 firms. But that was very very slow - like an hour for just 1 entry - so TT experts sent me a license code for desktop version - which worked fine. But now I have no help from TT to show screen and know how to enter K1 form.

DavidS127
Expert Alumni

One of the criteria for a Line By Line Review (LBLR) is that all your information is entered and the Review errors resolved.  So technically, you aren't yet to the point where you are eligible for the LBLR.

You should, however, be able to contact a Tax Expert for a callback, and the fact that you are using the Download/CD version will not prevent the Tax Expert from viewing your screen while you talk.  That would be the best approach for you to use at this stage.

Note that for the line 20, code Z portion of your K-1, enter the code Z when you enter the K-1 box 20 screen, but you don't need to enter an amount on that screen.  Continue on, and you'll eventually find the screen  "We need some more information about your 199A income or loss".  When you check the box next to a category on that screen, a place will open up to enter the amounts from the Statement or STMT that came with your K-1.  The applicable category (or categories) on this screen (and the following "Let's check for some uncommon adjustments" screen, if applicable) must be completed in order for your K-1 QBI information to be correctly input into TurboTax. 

To get back to the K-1 summary screen and find the Schedule K-1 to edit, click the "magnifying glass Search" icon on the top row, enter "k-1" in the search window and press return or enter, and then click on the "Jump to k-1" link to find the K-1 you need to edit.

Here are the "We need some information about your 199A income or loss" and "Let's check for some uncommon adjustments" screens where you enter the information from your K-1 Section 199A Statement/STMT:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies