Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Please help me get my tax return for 2019 filed. I have the transcript for 2018 and the AGI is the same $28,213.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Please help me get my tax return for 2019 filed. I have the transcript for 2018 and the AGI is the same $28,213.

Try entering just the numbers, no dollar sign, decimal, or comma.  Also, if you filed a late 2018 return, use zero for your 2018 AGI.  If you filed an amended 2018 return, do not use the AGI from the amended return, use the AGI from your original return.

View solution in original post

The poster did not ask how to find a 2018 AGI, they have a transcript.  They need help with getting the AGI to work.  Answered in my post.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Try entering just the numbers, no dollar sign, decimal, or comma.  Also, if you filed a late 2018 return, use zero for your 2018 AGI.  If you filed an amended 2018 return, do not use the AGI from the amended return, use the AGI from your original return.

RobertG
Expert Alumni

If the IRS is rejecting your return because your AGI does not match their records, and you have verified that the AGI you are putting in is correct, you will have to print and file your return.

The IRS may have changed your AGI due to a document matching inconsistency, or a document you never received.

The IRS requires your 2018 AGI to verify your identity for e-filing. If you're paper-filing your return, you won't need your AGI because those are manually processed.

There are a few places you can get your 2018 AGI:

• If you filed your 2018 taxes with TurboTax, sign in and go down to Your tax returns & documents. Select View adjusted gross income (AGI).
  • If you didn’t file your taxes with TurboTax in 2018, the best place to get last year's AGI is from the 1040 form you filed with the IRS. Look on page 2, line 7. If you filed a 1040NR, it'll be on line 35.
  • If you're having trouble locating your 2018 return, the second-best place to get your AGI is from the IRS. You can order a free transcript of your return at the IRS Get Transcript site or you can purchase a full copy of your 2018 return. Both versions will include your AGI.

If you didn't file a 2018 federal tax return (or you haven't filed one yet), enter 0 as your AGI.

Married Filing Separately in 2018 but filing jointly in 2019?

Filed jointly in 2018 but are Married Filing Separately in 2019?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The poster did not ask how to find a 2018 AGI, they have a transcript.  They need help with getting the AGI to work.  Answered in my post.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies