turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Official COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and extension thread

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
brandonmccoll198
Returning Member

When we get out stlimus check after the irs accept it

mckeega
Returning Member

They do have my banking information, through my payment plan I have with them, i have automatic payment through irs, they take it every month from my account. 

Can I/how would I apply for the $500 child payment for a child who was born in January 2020?

@kingskid wrote:

Can I/how would I apply for the $500 child payment for a child who was born in January 2020?

You will claim it on your 2020 tax return filed in 2021. That's the purpose of the "backstop" credit that will confuse everyone a year from now: If you somehow got missed OR you would get more based on your 2020 return (lower income, more kids) you'll get to refigure the stimulus based on that return, back out what you already received, and claim the difference as a refundable credit much like EITC. (The same "backstop" credit was used in 2008; some folks here today STILL wrongly believe those stimulus checks were taxed or even reclaimed the following year because calculating that credit required you to subtract the check you received from the credit based on THAT return to see if you could get more.)

Will i be get my Texas 

@Dinah Soto wrote:

Will i be get my Texas 

IDK. Are you moving to Texas? 😄

Seriously, no one here can see your return. What is your question?

CatfishRivers
Returning Member

I tried the simple online tool for non-filers (for my stimulus payment). Filled out the form, submitted it, then several hours later I get an email stating the IRS rejected it because I didn't enter an IP code. I never received an IP code, been a non-filer on SSI for 20 yrs. Tried calling the IRS but they're not taking calls now because of coronavirus. I tried registering on the IRS web site to see if I could get an IP Code - but that was rejected because my information doesn't match what they have on file.

So it loooks like I'm stuck for now with no way to get help. Will they eventually send me my stimulus because I'm on SSI (even if my simple online form is rejected)? I have direct deposit with my bank for my SSI. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

@CatfishRivers - did you try to get the IP code at this website? https://www.irs.gov/iden[product key removed]-scams/get-an-identity-protection-pin

If that fails, you can try calling your US congressional representative, the local office, and request help. No promises that it will work, but explain to the person that answers that you are on a fixed income, tried the IRS website, can't get an answer from the IRS, and need the money.  Don't give up and good luck.

CatfishRivers
Returning Member

Yes I tried the IRS web site to get an IP code and it didn't work.

CatfishRivers
Returning Member

After doing some research - I think there are 2 possible explanations for what happened.

1) a computer glitch

2)  Could be related to some kind of extra security. This is from the IRS web site:

Q12: Why did I receive an IP PIN?

A12: Our records show you were previously the victim of identity theft; or you were identified by the IRS as a possible victim of tax-related identity theft. We use this IP PIN to authenticate your identity when you file.

--------------------------------------------------------

To my knowledge I was never the victim of identity theft. However I'm thinking that the IRS computer could of spit out my simple return because my social number was flagged as "vulnerable". But if that was the case I believe they were supposed to mail me an IP pin - which I never received. So maybe they mailed it and it got lost in the mail. I'm just thinking that this IP code is meant to be an extra security precaution to "protect me" - but in so doing it locked me out too. Wouldn't be so bad if their call center was open and I could get it straightened out that way .

Gary1975
Returning Member

Will I get my stimulas check on my turbo tax card

@Gary1975 wrote:

Will I get my stimulas check on my turbo tax card

If you received your federal tax refund by direct deposit on the Turbo Visa card then you will receive the stimulus payment by direct deposit on the Turbo Visa card.

If I filed my taxes this year and said that I can be claimed as a dependant, and then my parent does not claim me, will I get the relief check?

@miapearl44  No, dependents do not qualify for the stimulus money. The IRS will use your tax return for their information, not your parents.

Manage cookies