turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

On the question "did these still apply in 2016" pertaining to my 2015 w2, does that mean all of my income was the same? I'm confused by this question.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

On the question "did these still apply in 2016" pertaining to my 2015 w2, does that mean all of my income was the same? I'm confused by this question.

No, this question is verifying that you have a W-2 from that employer again in 2016. You will be able to edit the employer info and enter your actual W-2 amounts on another screen.

If you no longer work for that employer, answer "no" so that W-2 info is removed from your return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks!

I got here from Google because I found the verbiage "Did these still apply in 2019" confusing. Perhaps Intuit could update their copy here to be a little more clear.

LindaB1993
Expert Alumni

No, this question is verifying that you have a W-2 from that employer again in the current filing year.  You will be able to edit the employer info and enter your actual W-2 amounts on another screen.

If you no longer work for that employer, answer "no" so that W-2 info is removed from your return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies