Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

No longer have phone number on account

I cannot remember my oasswrod everytime i try to change my.password it is sending a link to a phone number i no longer have and i cant get into the account to change the phone number

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Try this method to get a list of your accounts, reset password, and recover access.   Since you don't have the phone number, try the tool below with an email address you can access.   If that doesn't work, then I've also provided an alternate method below called "Try Something Else."

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

Try it with an email address you still access.  If still no luck after running that on your email address(es) that you can access,  here's another method:

Go back to the recovery tool again, but this time leave the data field blank, and choose the small blue link there that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.

I can login I know my password but it wants to verify it's me with a phone number I don't have anymore 

@ savoieelizabeth   wrote:

I can login I know my password but it wants to verify it's me with a phone number I don't have anymore 

savoieelizabeth:

The following has been revised as of 1/08/21 at 7:26PM Pacific.  You may have been emailed the original a few minutes ago, but I had left out a step. I have now corrected the steps below.

Try the following.   Then once you are back in your account, be sure to update the phone number, etc. in the Security section of your Intuit Account profile.

• Close your browser and delete any browser Internet cache.
  • Open the browser and go to the TurboTax log-in site, but do NOT log in.
  • Instead click on the link "Forgot User ID and password" (even if you know them.)
  • That takes you to the Account Recovery tool.
  • Do not enter anything there, but scroll down a bit and click on the blue "Try Something Else" link.
  • It should allow you account access based on some personal info.
  • Once back in, update your Intuit Account settings with your correct phone number, etc.  Access the tab to Intuit Account settings near the bottom of the left menu column.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies