turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

xnwill

My Taxable income around $3,670, my tax should be in 10% brackets, why Turbo Tax calculated out around $480 ? even the tax table showed my tax should be $367. Why?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

My Taxable income around $3,670, my tax should be in 10% brackets, why Turbo Tax calculated out around $480 ? even the tax table showed my tax should be $367. Why?

We cannot see your tax return.    Was any of your income from self-employment?  If so you have to pay self-employment tax for Social Security and Medicare in addition to the ordinary income tax.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
willxn

Thanks. Self Employed net income less than $400 no need to pay SE Tax, there was no SE tax involved, what other reason could be for this more than $100 different? I used another version of of Turbo Tax(CD, not online) , it showed less tax same with the Table.

Again--we cannot see your return or your screen.  Since you have desktop software, switch to Forms mode and look at the forms.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
willxn

I think I fund a bug of your software in my rare tax situation, if you want to know, please give me your contact information, I want keep some tax privacy here.  Thanks.

Sorry but you cannot contact SuperUsers privately.  If you need further help contact customer support.

Phone support is not provided with the Free Edition.  If you are using a paid version of the software or if you purchased PLUS you can get phone support when customer support is there.  Otherwise, post your question here and someone will try to help.

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

They are available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time 7 days per week through October 25, 2019.

Sorry no one can contact you.  Please post something. You don't have to give any personal details.  It may be a known bug or we can explain it.  What line on your return looks wrong?

If you found a bug you can send in a sanitized copy of your return for them to check it.  You only post a 6 digit token number and the moderator can retrieve it.  It has nothing personal in it.

Or Contact Customer Service
5am-5pm Pacific Time (8-8 Eastern) Every Day until Oct 25, 2019
And until 9pm (12 midnight Eastern) on Tue 10/15/19
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

willxn

OK. Thanks. Will do after 10/15/19.

Did I read right that you did Online and got the error but the CD program was what you expected?  Then you entered something different in Online or answered a question wrong.  Online and Desktop should be the same.  Compare them line by line.  Maybe you got some kind of penalty like for health ins or a 10% Early Withdrawal Penalty.  You might have even entered your personal info wrong like birthdate.  That can affect many calculations.

Do you have any investments? If you have schedule D there was a IRS error early in the year.  IRS info on Schedule D changes (after May 15, 2019)

https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/error-in-tax-calculation-in-schedule-d-tax-worksheet-form-1040

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies