Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My return was rejected because of my Form 8962 I was told there was a processing error and I will have to wait until 2/3/2022 to refile. Is this error due to turbotax?

At the top, it says “let’s fix my return” & it’ll redirect you to the page that says forms aren’t available yet. At the bottom of that, it says something like  “e-file anyway”… click on that and proceed with the e-file. It should go through and you should receive a text/e-mail shortly after saying your return was accepted. 

My return was rejected because of my Form 8962 I was told there was a processing error and I will have to wait until 2/3/2022 to refile. Is this error due to turbotax?

There is an error on turbo tax's end and not on the form being completed in error. I would not recommend using Turbo Tax to do this year's federal income tax as once looked at or rejected by the IRS you are stuck waiting on Turbo Tax to open an investigation and look into your form. You can no longer go somewhere else to file your taxes. 

Yes, never again will I use Turbo Tax. This is ridiculous from Turbo Tax end. 

Mpatt52

I was also rejected twice. This was my first time being rejected. I have used turbotax for about 10 years and this will be my last time. I waited until yesterday to fix my return due to the 8962 processing error. It is still saying the same thing so apparently it hasn't updated.

I found out today, after being rejected today for the same reason, my identity was stolen and someone fraudulently filed for health insurance with my social and has been 100% insured. I’ve started an investigation with the market place and I’m hopeful for an updated 1095a to reflect zero as I did not purchase insurance via the market place. Unbelievable. Call market place to make sure you aren’t also a victim. Apparently it’s happening a lot according to the agent I was speaking with. Sad. 

kelsu628

It’s February 5th, and my return continues to get rejected with this same code error. I won’t even receive a form 1095-a because I didn’t have insurance through the marketplace so this doesn’t even apply to me. So frustrating.

I would consider contacting the market place to make sure no one has stolen your identity like me. Someone got insurance under my name and I have employer insurance. Unbelievable. Worth checking.

sh82
Returning Member

It happened to me 3 times. I was told to go ahead and select YES for form (Affordable CareAct1095A) and enter the following:

Part 1

BOX 1 Market identifier (9 zeros) [removed]

BoX 2 Policy number (15 zeros) [phone number removed]

Part 111 (  21.January   Enter 1.00 in all 3 boxes. This is done for January ONLY)

Ignore next pages and Press "Continue" until you get back to the "Deductions and Credits" screen.  This will create the for 8962 and 1095A

H&R Block is having the same issue and it’s not fixed your issue is not the same as this post 

Mine is still being rejected. Turbotax now says that I can no longer E-file and will have to mail in my taxes. And refuses to refund the $300! I will not be a returning customer. This sucks. Thanks for nothing Turbotax

Same here but I accidentally switched the last 2 digits in one of my dependents social I resubmitted 4 times before I was accepted 

Been having the same problem cus of form 1095-A, return rejected apparently something went wrong with form 8962....can't even e-file even after feb 3rd.... 

Should I just resummit even if it said i was rejected?

The health care form? SMH those are coming late my mom just got hers last week it kinda looks like a w2 but it has how many months out of the year u had health coverage on it

I resubmitted mines 4 times I was nervous the irs would have me send my return in if I Did it to many times but nope I finally figured it out I had 2 different mistakes I had to fix one was I accidentally switch the last 2 numbers in one of my dependents social and the othe problem was my total amount earned last year was off by $2 smh

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies