Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My mom died Nov 2020. Turbotax is crediting her for the Recovery Rebate Credit for the second stimulus payment. Shouldn't she be eligible only for the first payment?

She got a partial IRS payment for the first stimulus but now appears to be eligible for the full 1200, which is great. But TT is also crediting her for the 2nd $600 payment, which was passed after she died. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My mom died Nov 2020. Turbotax is crediting her for the Recovery Rebate Credit for the second stimulus payment. Shouldn't she be eligible only for the first payment?

Someone who has passed away in calendar year 2020 and is otherwise eligible for a stimulus payment, will receive both EIP1 and EIP2 on the decedent tax return. 

So the Recovery Rebate Credit on the 2020 tax return is correct to enter the credits for stimulus payments not received.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Someone who has passed away in calendar year 2020 and is otherwise eligible for a stimulus payment, will receive both EIP1 and EIP2 on the decedent tax return. 

So the Recovery Rebate Credit on the 2020 tax return is correct to enter the credits for stimulus payments not received.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies