turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My husband is a truck driver and has an LLC. Should he pay quarterly taxes? If so, how does he estimate income?

If he only received money from the corporation once a year, yes, for TAX purposes it would be okay with that (if he received money throughout the year, that would not work).  HOWEVER, as I pointed out, it may be illegal from the Department of Labor's viewpoint.

My husband is a truck driver and has an LLC. Should he pay quarterly taxes? If so, how does he estimate income?

Hello. I also need clarification on a similar matter. My husband is also a truck driver. He doesn’t have his own truck - his current employer hired him and is to pay him with 1099 (not W2). So my husband is like self-employed? He is planning on registering LLC. I read he need to report taxes quarterly, and do an estimate. So far we have always filed joint return but he wasn’t working and I have W2. How are we to file jointly, when he will have LLC? What about state taxes - are they to be filed where the LLC is registered? Apologies if I’m just scrambling on topics.. Thank you.

@arangelova77  wrote:
Hello. I also need clarification on a similar matter. My husband is also a truck driver. He doesn’t have his own truck - his current employer hired him and is to pay him with 1099 (not W2). So my husband is like self-employed? He is planning on registering LLC. I read he need to report taxes quarterly, and do an estimate. So far we have always filed joint return but he wasn’t working and I have W2. How are we to file jointly, when he will have LLC? What about state taxes - are they to be filed where the LLC is registered? Apologies if I’m just scrambling on topics.. Thank you.

See https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/truck-driver-taxes/01/823776

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies