Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My federal tax return was rejected due to the AGI being incorrect for 2019 taxes however when I pull up my taxes for 2019 the AGI is correct.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
LG02

My federal tax return was rejected due to the AGI being incorrect for 2019 taxes however when I pull up my taxes for 2019 the AGI is correct.

My federal tax return was rejected due to the AGI being incorrect for 2019 taxes.  However, when I pull up my taxes for 2019, it is correct.

ToddL99
Expert Alumni

Regrettably, this happens.  If your return is rejected over an incorrect AGI, you will have to print and file by mail - even if you entered the correct AGI.

If you have correctly entered the 2019 AGI as shown on the 2019 tax return that was filed and accepted by the IRS and your 2020 tax return continues to be rejected by the IRS for an incorrect AGI, then the problem is with the IRS database for 2019 AGI's.  This is not uncommon and you will not be able to correct the problem.  

The following post by @DoninGA  discusses the issue in more detail, but print and file by mail is your only option.

Return rejected with correct agi

Potty

Please explain to me why my AGI on my 2019 taxes is not being accepted on my 2020 return? I also pulled my transcript from the IRS web site and the AGI is the same.   what should I do

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

I will suggest you to print out your tax forms and paper file to the IRS.  To see explanations, click here:

Correct AGI got rejected

@Potty

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies