turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My efiled federal return was accepted but the amount has not been debited from my account. Do I need to pay IRS directly?

I notice my return doesn't include federal information sheet. Last year my return included a federal information worksheet and my account was debited within 2 days of return acceptance.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My efiled federal return was accepted but the amount has not been debited from my account. Do I need to pay IRS directly?

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2019 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

View solution in original post

6 Replies

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2019 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

They have until April 15 to take it.  If it gets close to April 15 you might want to pay them directly in case your bank number was wrong.

Https://www.irs.gov/payments 

Thanks, I was able to download the worksheet. In my federal information worksheet part (V), the routing number and account number if blank. Also, "Do you want to elect direct debit for federal balance?" says "No."  Does this mean that I have to pay IRS myself directly? 

I am surprised because last year this information was populated and my account was directly debited.

See if you have a payment voucher form 1040V in your pdf to mail in a check.

I do have a payment voucher in the return. Can I pay online through IRS direct pay instead of the check?

Yes that would be the best way to pay directly online.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies