turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

DanaB27
Expert Alumni

My 2019 taxes returns won’t let me e file ( State Ca) I corrected lines to add up but it’s still wont let me e file

You would be a nonresident since military members do not become a resident of a state where they are stationed. Your home of record/state of legal residence stays the same while moving around with the military unless you decide to change your state of legal residence. Please see What is my military state of residence? for additional information.

Unless you have another job besides the military or rental income in California you don't have to file a California return since your military income is only taxable in your state of legal residence.

Your non-military spouse can elect to have the same state of residence as you for tax purposes. Then any income your spouse earned in California will be taxable in your state of legal residence. If your spouse had California withholdings then she would have to file a nonresident return to get a refund of the withholdings. Please see Military Spouses and State Taxes for additional information.

1. Login to your TurboTax Account 
  2. Click "My Info" from the left side of your screen
  3. Click “Edit” next to your name
  4. Please scroll down to “2. Tell us the state(s) you lived in
  5. Enter your state of legal residence/home of record

@dietzypietzy 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

My 2019 taxes returns won’t let me e file ( State Ca) I corrected lines to add up but it’s still wont let me e file

Can't see the FAQ I guess because I don't have privileges. What am I supposed to do? I already paid to efile.

This keeps happening to me as well and I've already paid to efile. What are we supposed to do?

DanaB27
Expert Alumni

There was a fix released in February,  if you use TurboTax download version then please ensure that you update the program. If this does not help your problem then please see this FAQ What is the TurboTax phone number? on how to contact support.

@mhofheins13

I had Rhode Island as my state, and TurboTax gave me a message when trying to file. It said my state taxes are not able to be efiled, try again. It didn’t tell me why though. It didn’t say there are errors, or RI is not available yet. I’m so confused. I don’t know what to do either seeing as I’ve paid already as well. I’ve been doing my taxes on here for about 7-8 years and this is the first year ive ever had problem so with it. 

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the Customer Support phone number below for further assistance:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

If you would like to reach out through our website, please see the TurboTax FAQ below for contact information: https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Kent1967

Yes I can’t efile keep saying error on state tax I fixed it and it’s right why is this happening help me please or do I just find another site that works 

I live in TN and do not even need a state return and it keeps asking me to fix it.

@ben-siener wrote:

I live in TN and do not even need a state return and it keeps asking me to fix it.

Delete the state tax return.  See this TurboTax support FAQ for deleting a state return - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-delete-my-state-return-in-turbotax-on...

NormStone52
Returning Member

I am having the same issue for my CA return.  When I select "Transmit" my return, it say it needs me to enter my end of year assets.  I've done it several times.  I save the file again and select "Transmit" again.  It goes back to "we need additional information" and asks me to enter my end of year assets.

Additionally, the program takes me back through several other forms, but does not indicate that there are any entries needed.  I review them, and they look fine.  The PPP form is confusing, but since I didn't receive in payments, all the entries are correct.

I am totally frustrated that TurboTax does not have any way to talk directly to someone at a help desk about software issues.  This appears to be  problem with the CA edition of the software.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Which version of Turbo Tax are you using, business or personal?

Also, please ensure your software is up to date. Please follow the instructions here to update your software.  @NormStone52

NormStone52
Returning Member

Thank you.  I'm using TurboTax Business for multi-partner LLCs. 

I manually installed an update and installed updates as it relaunched the program/

It's still not transmitting my returns.  When I select "Transmit" it takes me to a review screen as say it needs additional information from the CA return that it "hadn't needed before".  The program asks me to enter the assets on hand at the end of the calendar year. I enter that and re-save the file.  It then goes through several other forms (including the PPP forms - we didn't get any PPP money) for me to "Review for Accuracy" without highlighting any specific response.  I've checked the entries, but I can't find any error(s).   

This is very frustrating. Any other ideas?

Thanks for responding.

Norm

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are still experiencing this issue, please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support for assistance. 

What is the TurboTax phone number?

@NormStone52

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies