turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

yong-lee

My 2019 taxes returns won’t let me e file ( State Ca) I corrected lines to add up but it’s still wont let me e file

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

27 Replies
TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

My 2019 taxes returns won’t let me e file ( State Ca) I corrected lines to add up but it’s still wont let me e file

Just to clarify, did you receive a rejection letter from TurboTax, and you were trying to refile after making the corrections?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
yong-lee

No rejections, it hasn't gone that far yet. Federal appears to be fine but the State keeps asking to FIX STATE Returns, I double checks the lines and calculations but its keeps saying FIX needed. After 20 times of trying to correction , it keeps asking me to fix, or mail in State Taxes.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

When you sign in to your account, did you see a Fix my return button? If you do follow any “fix it” instructions to update the information that keeps causing the fix it message. 

Did TurboTax import your state return from your federal return? If it did, there could have been an error created during the import. If that is the case you will want to manually enter your state return information. 

Please click this TurboTax Help link to learn how to manually enter your tax information. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/rejections/help/how-do-i-fix-a-rejected-return/00/26136

vterry3

Same thing happened to me. Everything is correct but it won't allow for CA Return to e-file.   

vterry3

That does not work. it is asking me to fix amounts that is correct. It has to be your software causing these problems. I paid to e-file my state taxes and I it won't let me. 

I'm having the same problem. I started over my taxes hoping that maybe it was just a one time error with the import from federal to state but it seems like it's a software error.

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the FAQ below for more information:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/schedule-ca-part-ii-lines-8e-and-10-errors-when-at...

I am having the same issue.  After trying multiple times it still isn't working. Has anyone had any success yet?

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

This is a known issue and is being worked on at this time. Please see the FAQ below for more information:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/schedule-ca-part-ii-lines-8e-and-10-errors-when-at...

The fix my return pops up then disappears??

Becca5

I’m about to lose my mind. Every time I go to sign and file on my TurboTax app the same one I’ve been using for 7 years, it says I need to review and fix my state return and manually enter dates and addresses and I literally do it and it like won’t accept it or something. It keeps going back over and over and over again. I literally cannot file. 

Becca5

“Check This Entry

Information Worksheet: City name ____ has already been entered.” 

^^^^ this keeps popping up for me when I go to “fix my return” but the city name is correct it literally will not stop asking me to fix it when there’s nothing to fix. I’ve deleted my app, re-downloaded my app, signed out, signed in, tried to call a help line but apparently I have to pay $50 just for basic help which is trash.  

This is my issue -all state return stuff and it's driving me insane!!! Mine is specifically OH, though.

We have a thing called RITA in this state; essentially a, "because you live in Ohio city tax". It's infuriating.

I've been having a similar problem..

I'm just about to complete and file. I'm in the military and we moved states but I techincally do have my home of record set to Iowa. However I'm a resident of California because I do live here currently. I've made sure to verify that the information on my spouse and I having our residential status correct. It brings me back to that page every time I try to file. When I click Fix my Returns it always brings me back to the same page asking whether I'm a part time resident, or non resident that way I'm able to e-file. ((I've actually tried every option and non of them have worked)) anyone else in a similar predicament? 

• Thanks in advanced..
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies