turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My 2019 tax return was rejected..it says my AGI from 2018 is wrong but I did it on Turbo Tax and it is exactly right...what should I do?

its crazy because Turbo Tax has this info on my 2018 taxes..why can't they do this? it is in their system
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

My 2019 tax return was rejected..it says my AGI from 2018 is wrong but I did it on Turbo Tax and it is exactly right...what should I do?

did you file 2018 late (after 10/15/2019) or amend?   more than a few reports of this issue.  try 0 (zero) but if you amended use the AGI from the original filing. 

if these don't work you'll have to paper file. 

i filed on 4/14/2019....should i put $0 even if i am looking at the 2018 return and it is correct! 

hellllooooo,,,please

need you please, see my last question...

sitting here waiting...

@deb55330 wrote:

need you please, see my last question...

sitting here waiting...

If you filed the 2018 tax return late in 2019 then the IRS will not have the AGI associated with your name and Social Security number.  So try entering a 0 (zero) for the 2018 AGI and e-file the tax return again.

If this is also rejected then you will have to print and mail the tax return.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for printing a tax return for mailing - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

Anonymous
Not applicable

if you filed in April, the AGI from the 2018 return should work.   if not try 0 (zero) if that doesn't work contact support but even they may not be able to help.  I can not say whether it is an IRS problem or a TT problem.  There have been multiple posts where OP's claim the AGI is right but still get rejected. in such situations you can only paper file 

don't know your tax situation but you may be able to use IRS free file

https://www.irs.gov/individuals

scroll down a little bit until you see the column labeled "FILE" then the link to efile for free

if you have a state return many states are also offering something similar on their department of revenue website. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies