turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tjcrossan

Minimum payment you can make plus Line 8 is greater than the balance due amount. The maximum payment you can make is 0. What is this ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Minimum payment you can make plus Line 8 is greater than the balance due amount. The maximum payment you can make is 0. What is this ?

if you indicated that you will pay the entire amount by check then you cannot use the 9465 entry screens ...  skip the installment agreement section in the TT program and apply directly online here since the fees are lower  :  

https://www.irs.gov/payments/online-payment-agreement-application

The IRS fee for setting up an installment payment plan is $107 if you request direct debit or $225 for payroll deduction and it is usually taken from your first payment.  If you go online to the IRS site at Online payment agreement application and complete the application, you will only pay $31.  If you would like to complete that option and bypass the installment plan set up in TurboTax, select that you will pay the tax liability by check.  You will be able to still e-file and set up the arrangements to pay on the IRS website.

The IRS charges a user fee of $225 when you enter into a standard installment agreement or a payroll deduction agreement. If you enter a standard installment agreement and choose to pay via direct debit from your bank account, the user fee is $107. If you use the OPA application to request an installment agreement, the user fee is $149. If you use the OPA application to request an installment agreement and choose to pay via direct debit, the user fee is $31 for all taxpayers regardless of income levels. Note: The user fee for restructuring or reinstating an established installment agreement is $89 regardless of method of payment. (IRS Tax Topic 202)

hlswami

This keeps coming up at the end of TurboTax for me. I have entered "0", "25" any other number, and finally just tried leaving it blank. No matter what I enter, it keeps coming back ans telling me I need to check this entry and will not allow me to move forward! This is driving me crazy! I elected to pay my full owed amount via check. What do I need to do to be able to move forward and file electronically?? Do I have to change something somewhere else?

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Try refreshing your screen, then try clearing your browser's cache.

Then log out and log back into TurboTax. You can also try using a different browser.  

The following help article will show you how to clear your cache and delete your cookies.  

This link will show you how to delete your cookies.  

This link will help you clear your cache.     

How to clear your cache - Community    

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I’m having the same issue, does anyone have a solution? 

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

This appears to be an installment agreement question/error. Sign out of TurboTax and clear your browser history.  Sign back in and click "file" in the left hand menu. Follow the prompts and make your payment selections again.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@DMarkM1 so I completely got rid of all my browser history and cookies and I’m still getting this error message is there anything else I can do or talk to someone

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies