turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Medical travel expense entries

In the section, "Tell us about anything spent on medical travel", TurboTax (for 2019) will not let me enter anything for "miles driven". I double clicked the "0", which pulls up a worksheet. I filled that out. But upon closing the worksheet, nothing shows up/transfers to "miles driven" box. Worse, I cannot just skip this section and "continue" on to the next section. I cannot proceed any further with my return! Is this a bug in the software? If so, there a fix or workaround. This is the third entry bug I've run into with this year's TurboTax program!

UPDATE Monday, 2/10/2020: When I turned on TurboTax this evening and returned to where I left off on Friday (Medical travel expenses) the entry was already filled in and I was able to continue on with the return. I guess just closing and restarting the program did the trick. Still, a pain one shouldn't have to deal with. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

That is my exact same problem.  WHAT DO I DO TO MOVE ON?

I have entered a list of mileages totalling 591 miles and it will not enter it into the line.   What can I do to move on with the program?  THIS IS RIDICULOUS!  YOU ARE NOT HELPING ME HERE!!!!

AlexanderS08
Expert Alumni

Is it possible that even with all your medical mileage that you are still better off with the standard deduction? A lot of times TurboTax will save information in a worksheet in case it needs it.

In this case, it would save your medical mileage info until there were enough other deduction to itemize your deductions and then the mileage would appear. If you don't have enough other deductions, it won't show up.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

AlexanderS08 - I understand what you are saying and it likely is not your personal fault but if that is indeed why the mileage won't show up  -- THAT IS COMPLETELY BOGUS. Whoever at TT decided to do that couldn't be more wrong. Excellent example of *not* serving their audience!
Cutter76 - I did what you did (exited TT then re-launched) and when I got back to the medical mileage page it did show what I had entered on the worksheet (818 miles). I agree with you that this definitely is a software bug and TT needs to fix it.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies