turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Last year I filed 1099-C NEC but I am not filing it this year. Form will not let me progress without entering info on the form. Deleted from wages and income.

TurboTax rep called me and cannot resolve it. Form is also asking for my spouse's 1099 NEC and I have filed single every year for the last 29 years.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Last year I filed 1099-C NEC but I am not filing it this year. Form will not let me progress without entering info on the form. Deleted from wages and income.

I'm supposed to account for a spouse that I never had?  The new form hasn't been successfully integrated into Turbo Tax and I'm not interested in entering bogus info to send to the IRS so your phone reps can get off the phone.  I finally spoke to someone who understands the issue, and she completely understood why I requested a refund.  She processed it and I completed my tax return on HR Block.  I'm especially glad I did after reading your response.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I filed schedule C last year but am not this year. Review won't allow me to progress until I complete the 1099 NEC.  I deleted the 2019 schedule C but it is still prompting me to complete the info.  Not only that, it's asking me to enter my SPOUSE'S 1099 NEC and I have never been married.  I've been filing single since I was 16 and I'm 45 now.  It's a technical problem for sure.  Someone at TurboTax called me and I shared my screen.  She was asking me to complete fake information in forms just to bypass them, so I asked if she could contact technical support.  I was eventually transferred to Ernest, who stated he was a supervisor.  I explained what was happening and the call went silent.  He is not responding. I put my phone on speaker in case he comes back.  I am 40 minutes into phone calls at this point.   Oh the call just disconnected.  Great customer experience.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

You are not supposed to just delete Schedule C. If you filed a Schedule C last year, and are not filing it this year, there is a special procedure to delete the business that was transferred from the previous year. See the following FAQ.

How do I delete a prior-year Schedule C business that transferred over?

Can you just delete all the 1099-NEC forms that are in your tax return? When you had a 1099-MISC last year, TurboTax automatically creates a 1099-NEC for 2020. Here are the instructions for deleting forms in TurboTax Online.

How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online?

I'm supposed to account for a spouse that I never had?  The new form hasn't been successfully integrated into Turbo Tax and I'm not interested in entering bogus info to send to the IRS so your phone reps can get off the phone.  I finally spoke to someone who understands the issue, and she completely understood why I requested a refund.  She processed it and I completed my tax return on HR Block.  I'm especially glad I did after reading your response.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies