Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Itsdeductible being discontinued.. WHAT???

Happy to pay for this service!   Quite frankly its the main reason i  use Turbotax.   Dont need to use it anymore.    Is there an investor relations email people are sending pleas to reinstate?

The email link has already been posted in this thread.

https://www.intuit.com/company/executives/

@mesquitebean yeah, I tried that, tried several different ways to log in. The ADD buttons are removed. Looks like I can still get a pdf. But leaves me high and dry without a solution going forward. I might just have to try HR Block for next year.

So disappointed in TT for doing this mid-year. I feel like they don't care about us customers, only about how big a bonus they will get because they cut costs. Execs so disconnected from the community. They could have sold off ID, and someone could else could improve upon the product (update items, make it csv export) and charge a small subscription fee.  (or make it free with ads). 

I'd say there's a business opportunity out there for a startup to come up with a similar program to keep track of itemized donations, and have them be able to export to csv to upload to a tax software. I think there are people "listening." Obviously not responding, probably laughing at us and the pain they are causing us by making the tool unavailable in any form.  It's quite sad. 

May I second your argument. I have been using this product-its deductible- since it was an old school "handbook" created by the original creator. The ability to quickly and efficiently look up and assign values was the greatest benefit of the online version. Moreover, the easy importation of both the monetary and property donations made it a very effective tool for tax prep. Thus, in their short-sighted attempt to save a few pennies, Intuit has significantly degraded their primary product. In our case, we donate a substantial amount of household goods each year and the time consuming, mind-numbing task of having to manually input all of this info next Winter is certainly making me reconsider whether or not I will not purchase Turbo Tax, although I have been using it for over two decades.

CayenneK

Terrible decision in my opinion, but I agree with others that they should a) continue access through 4/15/23 and allow entry of data for 2022 tax year and b) maybe sell the product to another company who would continue its use.  I was a loyal heavy user of the product - was a big draw that kept me using TurboTax. 

CayenneK

Mint is NOT a valid option - monetary donations only, not item donations, which was the biggest value of the product, besides the auto import into TT. 

@CayenneK wrote:

Mint is NOT a valid option.....

Not a valid option ----- yet. None of us know exactly what Mint will look like later this year. 

Please! Please! Please!! DO NOT get rid of ItsDeductible!! I have used it from the very beginning and there is nothing equal to it out there. I feel bad the larger community doesn’t use it - totally their loss - but don’t penalize your customers who do use it.  I also use Mint and it doesn’t have the same functionality and can’t be considered an equal replacement. 

OhNo_

This is such a great program that helps make life easier for so many people.

I tried to log some items today and it would not let me.  So sad that I cannot even use it up to the October date.

I looked for a similar program and did not find anything that I felt I could trust. 

Please keep It's deductible going.

OhNo_

I just signed onto Mint as others suggested in order to track my non cash donations but it is asking for my bank account information.  I don't want that.  I just want to track my non-cash donations for taxes.

For those of us who do not want all our financial information out there to increase the chances of being hacked. Mint does not appear to be an replacement option for Its deductible.

If you trust providing your information for TurboTax, you can trust Mint.

One aspect of TT vs. Mint is that both are from Intuit.  If you trust Intuit, with which many of us are perhaps having problems, then TT and Mint are probably equally safe from the perspective of data security.

Another aspect is the nature of the info being provided.  TT has personal info, SSN, and snapshots of high-level asset info. If you use the desktop version of TT, there's a possibility that much of that info does not go to Intuit. I would hope not, since it's not needed by Intuit.  However, Mint has financial account username/password and downloads account details. I haven't used it, but I work at a financial institution with close involvement in authentication where it's clear that Mint frequently downloads automatically and possibly on-demand as well.

Another issue is the chance of forgetting that you signed up for Mint, changing your password, and having Mint continue to try logging in with an invalid password.  That can lead to account lockout at some institutions. It's certainly caused major issues from my experience, requiring technical changes to reduce the impact on users - especially those who infrequently login manually.

rej
Returning Member

I'm with you there!  Like you, I'd be more than willing to pay (even Intuit's inflated prices) for continued use of the program ... and I wouldn't even need Intuit's online access and data storage.

Wondering how long before an enterprising lawyer will file a class action law suit to obtain relief (injunctive or monetary) for all of the "It's Deductible" users who have been suckered into buying/using "TurboTax" just for the convenience of having "It's Deductible" available. 

rej
Returning Member

Spot on and well said.  I'm also going to be a very unhappy FORMER TurboTax user if Intuit doesn't reverse this action.

It will be interesting to see how much more traction this thread gets as users unsuccessfully attempt to enter new item donations into ItsDeductible for 2022. Existing users have been notified by email of discontinuation, but many probably didn't follow up. They will certainly notice when they try to be proactive with new contributions and discover that Add/Edit buttons no longer work. New users haven't been notified and probably can't even create an account.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies