Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Its asking for the information on line 11 of form 6251. I downloaded last years return and am looking at the section for 6251 but I cant find a line 11 anywhere

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
ReginaM
Expert Alumni

Its asking for the information on line 11 of form 6251. I downloaded last years return and am looking at the section for 6251 but I cant find a line 11 anywhere

Here is this year's Form 6251 for 2019. 

Here is a screenshot of 2018's Form 6251.  It looks about the same as 2019.

Should you need anything else in regards to your 6251, please respond to this thread.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Bickle89

I’m currently dealing with the same exact issue. There is no line 11. In fact, the tax form 6251 is out of order, but I’ve gone through all 2018 tax documents and form 6251 line 11 is missing. I’m not sure what to do and I’m not about to pay $50 for turbo tax support. 

Any suggestions that extends outside of sharing screen shots of  personal tax form 6251 line 11? I need assistance, as opposed to being made aware that someone else isn’t having the same issue 

please and thanks 

LizBowley
Returning Member

Turbotax is saying it transferred an amount from line 4 on 6251 (my AMT), but I don't have a form 6251 on my 2018 tax return.  Should I just blank out what they filled in here and replace it with my agi?

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

Entering the wrong information could compute an incorrect tax on your Federal tax return.

2018 IRS form 6251 is here.

This explains how to access a prior year return in TurboTax.

This and this explain the Alternate Minimum Tax.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies