Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Its amazing to me that I've been waiting hours to get a verification code, but it took about 3 seconds to get an email telling me I got some idiotic badge for when I asked why I'm not receiving emails....

Its idiotic....

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Its amazing to me that I've been waiting hours to get a verification code, but it took about 3 seconds to get an email telling me I got some idiotic badge for when I asked why I'm not receiving emails....

I tried having them email me a code tonight to the address that they send me other things too, but it never came through. I then had them SMS me a code message to the cell phone I had registered, and it came through within 30 seconds. You are not the only one who is having email issues with these codes tonight, just so you know. My suggestion is to add a cell phone as an option if this happens again. Hopefully this is just a short term glitch (hopefully not a feature).

I appreciate the reply, but unfortunately I can't use the SMS verification, IRS needs them to verify my email by law apparently.  I probably wouldn't be so angry, but getting a badge for posting on here through the same **bleep** email just set me off.  Be nice if this company didn't constantly lobby to prevent the IRS from having its own service for this, because Turbo Tax obviously isn't very good at it.

@Travel Do you mean you received a request from the IRS to verify your identity?  TurboTax does not/cannot verify your identity or help you with that. TurboTax provided the software for your do-it-yourself tax return.  TT cannot verify that anything you entered is correct or truthful.   You need to follow the instructions in the IRS letter to verify your identity with the IRS.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood your post. I thought you are having difficulties logging into the TurboTax community because I did have problems using email, but SMS worked okay. I never did get the email from TurboTax with the login confirmation code, but I did get a badge email as soon as I posted on this board. Sorry for the misunderstanding. If it is IRS verification that is a completely different matter.

Did you ever get your problem solved?  I am running into the same issue, and have gotten the idiotic badge email instantly for asking a question also, but alas, 5 attempts to get a verification code still hasn't shown up after hours of waiting.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies