turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jmlreader

Is this a scam or not? i got an email saying a return was made using my I do on another account and to call customer support. The return would be held for 48 hours only.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Is this a scam or not? i got an email saying a return was made using my I do on another account and to call customer support. The return would be held for 48 hours only.

That can be a valid email from Turbotax.  It is sent if someone tries to file a tax return using the SSN of an existing customer.  The most common reason for this email is that you made a new account this year and your old account was notified.  It could also be an actual attempt to file a false return in your name.  Did you submit a return in the last day or so?  

Scammers can copy legitimate messages and use them for bad purposes, so this could also be a scam.  Don't click on any links in the email.  To obtain a secure number to call Turbotax, use the web site, you will know it is a secure number if you see a padlock icon in the address window.  Ask for the security team.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Delete answer

Deleted answer.  Contact TurboTax to verify the email.  It could be a scam.

Use this phone number and select TurboTax - 1-800-4-INTUIT (1-800-446-8848)

That can be a valid email from Turbotax.  It is sent if someone tries to file a tax return using the SSN of an existing customer.  The most common reason for this email is that you made a new account this year and your old account was notified.  It could also be an actual attempt to file a false return in your name.  Did you submit a return in the last day or so?  

Scammers can copy legitimate messages and use them for bad purposes, so this could also be a scam.  Don't click on any links in the email.  To obtain a secure number to call Turbotax, use the web site, you will know it is a secure number if you see a padlock icon in the address window.  Ask for the security team.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies