turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kevinsahl

Is there more than one version of Turbo Tax 2017 Deluxe? Why is there a wide variation in the price for this product? I've ordered the Turbo Tax 2017 Deluxe for $10.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Is there more than one version of Turbo Tax 2017 Deluxe? Why is there a wide variation in the price for this product? I've ordered the Turbo Tax 2017 Deluxe for $10.

There is desktop version of TurboTax Deluxe that includes one state return and another version that does not (it includes the federal return only - the state return is extra).

There are a number of unauthorized resellers of TurboTax desktop (CD/Download) products and, if you only paid $10 for TurboTax Deluxe, it appears as if you may have bought from one of them.

What?  If you are seeing Deluxe for $10 beware.  Is it on eBay, or somewhere?  It could be a pirated copy or a copy full of malware.  If you do not purchase your tax software from a reputable seller like TurboTax itself, or Amazon, Costco, Sam's, Best Buy, Staples, etc. you run the risk of lots of trouble.  Retailers can set their own prices so of course there will be variations.  But $10?  Steer clear.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies