Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Wildchildddme111
Returning Member

Is there a refund department I could talk to regarding 2020 10200 I paid before law went in effect?

I did my taxes before unemployment law went into effect they told people don't ammend we the IRS will figure it out well 2 yrs later was suppose to be getting about 1700 n yes had a dependent if anyone knows where I could turn I want my refund been too dam long  thanks Christine elwell xxx-xxx-xxxx
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Is there a refund department I could talk to regarding 2020 10200 I paid before law went in effect?

Are you sure you did not already get the withholding on the origianal return ? 

You will get an additional federal income tax refund for the unemployment exclusion if all of the following are true.

• You reported unemployment benefits as income on your 2020 tax return, on Schedule 1 line 7.
  • You did not get the unemployment exclusion on the 2020 tax return that you filed. The unemployment exclusion would appear as a negative amount on Schedule 1 line 8, with the abbreviation UCE on the dotted line to the left of the amount.
  • Your tax on Form 1040 line 16 is not zero.
  • Your Adjusted Gross Income (AGI), not including unemployment, is less than $150,000.TurboTax cannot track or predict when it will be sent.  The IRS has not provided a way for you to track it, so all you can do is wait for the refund to arrive.

If you use the amendment program and you are indeed to get more of a refund then go ahead and mail in the 2020 amended return now.  Just be aware that amendments are taking about 10 months to process right now. 

Wildchildddme111
Returning Member

i didn't receive around my 1700 about the IRS told me a yr ago about me filing taxes before the exclusion law went into effect for 10200 of my taxes I filed before law went to effect my # [phone number removed] n I'm Christine [removed] thanks

Believe it or not there are still some taxpayers, like you, who are waiting for that adjustment and refund.

IRS is still working on it.

@Wildchildddme111 

@ Wildchildddme111  

Please be aware you are posting in a public community forum on the Internet. You should NOT post any personal info in this public Internet forum, or you could be subject to scammers/spammers, ID theft, etc.     In your original question and subsequent comment you have posted a lot of personal information.    For your protection the forum privacy filter has been able to remove part of your personal info, but not all of it.    You can edit any of your postings to remove remaining personal info by clicking on the tiny blue 3-dot icon just to the right of your question/comment, then choosing EDIT.    I'll also flag it for a Moderator, but they normally aren't around on weekends.

Wildchildddme111
Returning Member

Ya I know some are still waiting for the refund of the unemployment not taxing 10200 when some like me already filed n it was 2 yrs ago now n a yr ago I talked to IRS n they told me should b anyway now it's in the refund department n I still haven't got it maybe someone hacked me or something it doesn't make sense n they said oh don't amend  we're gonna do refunds ourselves  ...haha well that's working out real well now isn't it stupid irs 

File 2020 1040-X to show up to $10,200 less unemployment compensation.

@Wildchildddme111 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies