Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is it physically possible to file online and file Form 982? My Quickbooks Self-Employed subscription already includes TurboTax Self-Employed online filing

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JamesG1
Expert Alumni

Is it physically possible to file online and file Form 982? My Quickbooks Self-Employed subscription already includes TurboTax Self-Employed online filing

Federal form 982 is supported in Self Employed.  See the product comparison here.

This help confirms that e-file of the 982 form is possible.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks @JamesG1! I didn’t have enough characters to elaborate further in my question, but here’s the issue I’m running into. I complete the section for form 1099–C and then try to move to form 982 to submit the exemption for this. From there it won’t allow me to move forward with adding the exemption, and it just keeps stating that they recommend working with a professional when exemptions apply. My situation is fairly cut and dry, so I don’t see needing a professional for this one item, but I can’t figure out a way for it to let me move forward otherwise. There’s a similar question for this in the community, but the answer to that just says the same thing: they recommend working with a professional or switching to one of the CD versions of TurboTax. Switching to a CD version wouldn’t be a huge deal, but through my bundled QuickBooks self-employed subscription, I’m already paying for the TurboTax self-employed online return filing, so I’d rather not pay for a CD version on top of that. This feels like a question for someone with the TurboTax customer service team, but I couldn’t find an easy way to contact them directly. Thanks for any insight you can give!

LindaB1993
Expert Alumni

Based on your situation, the Form 982 will not populate in the online version of TurboTax.  Please request a solution through customer service:

Intuit Phone Support: 1-800-446-8848

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies