turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Is anybody else having problems with TurboTax messing up their data this year? I keep getting duplicate W-2, and data from 2019 that I told it doesn't apply.

I've been trying to do my 2020 returns, and it keeps pulling in data from 2019. It keeps trying to get me to fill in self employment information for a job I only had in 2019. It keeps trying to get me to fill out unemployment information for unemployment my wife got in 2019. When I use the import function for 1099-divs, it duplicates the forms, and then when I try to delete them, when it does the final double check, it tells me that there's missing information. It said I qualified for a tax break for car registration even though I know that's not the case in Oregon. Basically my question is, I've had so many problems this year getting my information in, I'm not confident that TurboTax has gotten it right this year and am seriously considering getting my returns done someplace else. Has anybody else had problems with their returns this year? Is there some way to get some clarity on if I can trust TurboTax didn't screw it up this year?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Is anybody else having problems with TurboTax messing up their data this year? I keep getting duplicate W-2, and data from 2019 that I told it doesn't apply.

Thank you for alerting us to this issue. 

It would be best to remove any of the duplicate forms. You can view the instructions here to remove duplicates. 

If after removing the duplicates, you experience the same issue, please re-post and let us know. 

If you would like immediate assistance, please click here to contact customer service. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Seriously... after the final review, now it's added in two 1099-NEC's to my income, one blank, the other a duplicate from my 2019 filing, and it's added in my charitable contributions from 2019 onto my 2020 return.

And I should specify, I didn't have ANY self employment income for 2020.

And it wanted me to claim a tax credit for renewing my car registration, even though that doesn't apply in my state...

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for alerting us to this issue. 

It would be best to remove any of the duplicate forms. You can view the instructions here to remove duplicates. 

If after removing the duplicates, you experience the same issue, please re-post and let us know. 

If you would like immediate assistance, please click here to contact customer service. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Deleting the forms using that method seems to work, I'd tried at least 4 times deleting with the trash icon next to item and it just kept coming back.

why23

I have been with Toubo Tax for many years

This year is a   total mess. The file down loads do not work well . the double 

Verification system drives crazy.

If can get thru this It will be last year with turbo tax

VR

Walt F

[email address removed]

Manage cookies