turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Instead of receiving money, i’m being charged 150 for deluxe but i’m not sure why. could anyone help me figure out what i’m doing wrong?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Instead of receiving money, i’m being charged 150 for deluxe but i’m not sure why. could anyone help me figure out what i’m doing wrong?

Help us understand what you are saying. Perhaps you are saying that you have not received your federal refund yet and TurboTax is debiting your account for the TurboTax fees that were supposed to be deducted from your federal refund. Is that what you are saying?

When you chose the option to pay your fees from your refund, you agreed that TurboTax could debit your account if your refund was insufficient to pay them in a timely manner. That is what TurboTax is doing. See this for an explanation: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-tur...

nah, basically i’m just trying to file my W-2, which should be free with turbo tax but i’m getting charged deluxe and other fees

C853CADA-3046-43B0-940F-D752D1BA46EC.png

If you only have a W-2 and your return does not require any forms other than form 1040, you can clear and start over in the Free Edition. You must not have filed, paid or registered to clear and start over. Use this link: https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2586254-using-clear-start-over-in-turbotax-online

If you are unable to use the Free Edition because you do require another schedule on your tax return, you may be able to use another free product from the Free File Program:

You qualify if you had $36,000 or less AGI or $69,000 or less military family AGI or qualify for EITC. Click on See if you qualify then Yes (if you do) then Start Now button, then choose Create an Account.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2026912-how-do-i-switch-to-turbotax-free-file-program

I already started my taxes and in the final process. my AGI is def less than 36k and i just want a way to switch from the deluxe to the free version. I tried live help but it just gives me a spam message ; “We are open Monday - Sunday 5 a.m to 9 p.m Pacific”. Although that should mean they are open right now, i’m still unable to get connected.

Did you try switching to the Free File website?  If you use the Sign In button on the top right I hear it brings over your work.
https://freefile.intuit.com

If you are unable to clear and start over in your current account, you can start a new account in the Free Edition or switch to a new account in the free file program. Since this is a holiday, TurboTax support may not be open. 

yes, but the same thing shows

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies