turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

Where did you find this info? I can't find anything on their website, and I have no idea how to contact a person. I filed i jured spouse after they took my half of the stimulus for my husband's child support debt and then nothing. Get my payment tool still says they paid it on April 30th which is not true, I never received a thing. So frustrating 

Hi ! Try this IRS Number just pick the stimulus in the voice operator . I talked with one lady last week  . [phone number removed] 

[removed] 

rdiamond111
Returning Member

Same boat. My wife is the in the rear. I got my taxes took and my stimulus. She was married before with kids. And since she remarried me we have kids. My kids didn't get nothing due to her back child support. And I didn't know anything about the injured spouse form I wonder can I still do it?

I filed mine after so I would think you could. I didn't need to file it while I did my taxes because we owed so it wasn't like I was getting anything back. But when I found out they took my stimulus I was told on here to file the form. I did (by mail) in May but I haven't heard a thing. 

All I get when I call this number is a bunch of offers to buy insurance, home warranties, and internet service?

Does not hurt to start again putting a form 8379 in and wait, although now you have until October 15th to actually put in for this stimulus, that's the deadline to be eligible for the Cares Act stimulus, I just received correspondence from the IRS yesterday that we didn't sign ours, so sent it back signed, now just waiting again, I think the IRS is moving quickly now, sorry this is happening, very unfortunate, keep cool you guys will get it.

I was told if you already submitted the form do not submit it again as it will only confuse things and delay your payment even further 

I talked with an IRS agent the other day trying to find out if they received the 8379 form that I mailed to them on June 12. She checked and came back to tell me that the form was not showing in my account. Then she said that was not unusual as they still haven't processed some forms that they received in February. She went on to say that injured spouse forms are now irrelevant anyway because the IRS is going over all the stimulus payments that had child support deductions and sending payments to spouses who had their share wrongfully seized. She couldn't give me no timeline of when to expect the payment.

Thank you. It's unbelievable how many conflicting responses people are getting about the exact same issue. Hopefully they will just handle it, I am losing faith!

I've been going back and forth with these people my form was mailed May 2nd still nothing. I was finally referred to an IRS tax advocate I still haven't heard from the person that my case was referred to but they are saying that there was some sort of glitch and all the stimulus checks that were taken for CS has been sent back again but however they are working on straighting it out but there is no date on when it will be staighten out, but I did receive half of the income tax so we just gotta wait patiently we'll probably get the 2nd one before we get the 1st one if so they probably won't even worry about it after that,so again everyone that's waiting on the 1st stimulus check hang in there. Everyone have a blessed night.

I submitted my 8379 as advised back in May, even though I had already filed and owed them money which was paid. Today I received notice in the mail from the IRS that my 8379 can't be processed because there was no overpayment unless I want to file an amended return? There is nothing wrong with my tax return so why do I need to file an amended return for my part of the stimulus? I'm so confused by all of this, it's truly infuriating! Never get the same answer twice

Ok I FINALLY talked to a person! This is what I was told. The reason my injured spouse form 8379 was rejected is because I was not due a refund on my return. The rep I spoke to said I will only get my portion of the stimulus now (that was offset in error to pay my husband's child support arrears) by claiming the "RECOVERY REBATE CREDIT" on my 2020 tax return for myself and my one dependent. I was also advised to file the 8379 injured spouse form with my 2020 return so they don't take that money again. Guess i will have to cross that bridge when I get to it. 

Hi ! We have the same issues . Did you make the form 8379 by yourself or somebody ? I tried to fill the form but I don’t know what to write in some questions . Thank you . 

Did anybody else only get half of the second stimulus? Everywhere I read says the second stimulus payment was not subject to garnishment or back child support?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies