Re: Injured spouse and stimulus payment - Page 60

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

@iwantitnow2020 I read what you posted last night, but I am not holding my breath. Hell, the worse has already happened, and that is I haven't received payment, Lol. At least we now know someone's eyes are on us. If I get it before next year, great. If not, I will make sure I collect it when I file my taxes. 🙄🤦‍♀️🙏

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

I think I am going to contact the TAS as well instead of waiting around to see if this actually gets resolved. Yall, we have been waiting almost 4 months! Thank you for sharing this news!

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

Here is the problem.... I will not be required to file a tax return in febuary 2021 because we no longer have earned income in my household... so then what?? What are they doing to prevent this from happening again??? I don't know about everybody else but not getting this money really took a hit on my house. I mean I could really use that money... you could owe everyone on this earth and get the stimulus but if you owed CS god forbid you ain't getting **bleep**

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

If you are an Injured Spouse with a Form 8379 for the return used to calculate your stimulus check and your portion was withheld, you don't need to do anything just yet. The IRS is reissuing the Injured Spouse's share of the stimulus check if it was erroneously withheld. If you have not received a check for the portion attributable to you by the end of August, you can call the TAS.

https://taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/news/nta-blog-need-help-with-economic-impact-payment-issues-how-tas...

If you are an Injured Spouse but do not have a Form 8379 for the return used to calculate your stimulus check and your portion was withheld, you need to fax or mail a completed Form 8379 as soon as possible (you can find out more about Injured Spouse here and you can download Form 8379 here). If, after you submit the form, you have not received a check for the portion attributable to you by the end of August, you can call the TAS.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

I called the Irs yesterday.They told me that I had to call the child support agency to whom my husband owes.

I called them this morning. The Child support agency said that they will hold on to my portion of the stimulus for  6 months util the IRS sends a letter to them to release my portion of the funds.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

Thanks for the info

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

@Italianones , do you mean "until they get the letter" or "unless they get the letter"? What if they get it before 6 months?

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

I spoke to the IRS yesterday. first i spoke to the TAS dept. i read a post on here the other day that said the TAS dept could help with the stimulus payment. The lady in the TAS dept was unable to help with my issue. She did say she could see that both payments were split and 1 payment was sent to child support. She transferred me to the IRS and i spoke to a lady there who gave me much different information than i normally get. She said she had to fill out some form. like a referral . she said once the form was submitted it could take up to 60days before  i get my portion. she did say that they are in the process of correcting the stimulus issue. and some people would get money by the end of the month. i dont know which group of people will get their money first..but if anyone here does..pleaseee post. i have heard so many stories from the IRS that i dont believe anything they tell me. i need proof.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

@mzzwillis I received the same information when I called Monday and spoke with an IRS representative so fingers crossed for all of us that we FINALLY receive our portion!!

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

Just saw this article reiterating what was already said and it looks like IRS is working on this.  https://procedurallytaxing.com/scheduled-relief-for-injured-spouses-whose-stimulus-payments-were-sen...

I wonder what is the timeline for the people whose 8379 was filed, but still shows as return being processed, and those who have not received a federal refund yet either. I am one of those people, although I heard that "where is my refund" tool online is not accurate. At the same time, since I have not received my federal portion, I assume 8379 has not been processed either.... 

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

I spoke to someone yesterday at IRS and couldn't really give me information so they transferred me to the injured spouse department and they gave me some promising news they said my 8379 has been assigned and right now it's in the person's inventory she asked me for my number just in case they need anymore information and also if a 2nd round of stimulus money go out another 8379 form doesn't have to be filled out so hang in there everyone we will get our money it's just a lengthy process we never know we might be getting 2 stimulus checks and also they told me that I was going to get my part of the income tax so let's all keep our fingers crossed and good luck everyone 🤞

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

IRS owes me $2200 my half of the stimulus check.. I woke up to a deposit of $24.30 from IRS.. wth??? Can this be interest that is owed??

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

Could it be your half of your refund? 

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

Thank you very much, I have not

received anything yet I filled a injured spouse form in early May, do you think I should put it in again or what do you think should be my next step.?

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

@mtmberry03  Right? Maybe.. 😭😫😭