Re: Injured spouse and stimulus payment - Page 57

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

Yes I did, thank you, and thank you for your response.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

Have you reached out to Turbo Tax?  I mean they process a ton of returns and might have some influence. 

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

I need someone to clarify something for me. If we do not get our portion of the stimulus payment then someone mentioned we would have to claim it on next years tax return. However, if that causes us to get a refund and we are still filing married jointly, won't 1/2 of that be taken??? How is that fair? So my 1450 will be halved into $725 because it comes back to us as a refund or what? I am so confused at this point as to how we are ever going to get our portion.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

@mtmberry03 which is EXACTLY why I may never file married filing joint again!!! 🤷‍♀️

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

@mzzwillis Me either!! They said it would be rectified 8-11 weeks of the time of the stimulus being taken. Here it is 12 weeks and counting and none of us have any more idea if we will ever see our portion of the stimulus~ I just cannot believe this happened.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

Has anyone heard anything new? It has been two weeks since my refund was deposited. I am at my wits end on what to do moving forward. 

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

I think they are just blowing this issue off and hoping no one notices. If you do call and happen to get a human after a 3 hour wait they don't tell you anything other than they don't know and maybe file for it next year, but they also say they are not certain that is the way to fix it. Has anyone thought about filing form 3911 to conduct a trace on the payment and see if that helps?

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

Yes, already tried that. The representative stated I had a letter mailed 4/30/2020, explaining what happened to my portion. I explained my husband had received a letter with just his name on it. She said she couldn’t speak to what happened to my letter, but I should have received one. She stated the trace is used for people who had shown a date in the tool, and letter stating the deposit was made to their bank account, and not intercepted by child support. 

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

Anyone got their Stimulus check yet? 😭

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

@InjuredSpouseN3kids Not I. 😒

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

I was told my stimulus check will be released two weeks after I receive my income tax return well 2 weeks have come and gone...I called them late last week and they told me give it two more weeks so I wait patiently. 

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

So they are telling some they will get one? My portion was erroneously captured by child support , even though I always file an injured spouse form.  When I inquired about it, was told I would not get one but would be able to capture that when I file my 2020 tax return. 

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

@Becks80  That’s not fair... because CS will take a percentage when next year comes.. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

I agree it’s not fair. I am the breadwinner in the household so the portion taken from my refund has never been more than a couple hundred dollars. I think I will be revisiting the idea of married filing separately. 

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

It looks like there will be another stimulus check being issued soon. My question is, how do we prevent this fiasco from happening again?