turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

File injured spouse always whether you owe or not

File injured spouse 

When did yours show deposit and did you get it in mail

Auto deposit today

What date was your original direct deposit date? 4/15/2020, 4/30/2020?

@20207  which one did you received your regular Tax Return or the Stimulus Check?

Hello everybody. Here's my update on the Injured Spouse offset issue... (my situation- filed IS but both refund and stimulus offset)
Called IRS at 7am on the dot, got thru in no time and was transferred to the IS dept. The rep told me that they (as we know) are aware the stimulus was being offset by CS and currently fixing BUT they were not aware that IS income tax refunds were being offset as well. Her system showed my IS claim was approved and refund sent. My WMR status showed accepted then funds deposited on 4/15 but then offset 2 days later. They closed my IS claim once funds were sent and had no idea it was offset after the fact. She said it was supposed to have a debt bypass checked in the system but was overwritten. She had to re-open my IS claim in order for me to get my income tax refund. So I should be gettng my tax refund soon (no specific time frame).
She actually told me to pass the word for you guys to call in if your refund was offset after being given an approved deposit date. They are trying to find a trend to determine the time frame and accounts affected.
This is all the info I have.....

@Rahdee, did she say it applies both to tax refunds and stimulus? For now, my refund has not even been approved and IS form has not been processed I suppose. My stimulus shows as paid on May 6th, but of course it was offset like everyone else's. So my case must still be open because refund has not been approved. But will it impact both refund and stimulus? Thanks for the update though, this is really helpful. I just can't imagine everyone calling at the same time, so wanted to see if it's only those that already had their refund claim closed need to call. 

@olechka79  she stated that they were already working on correcting the stimulus offset issue automatically if you filed IS for 2019 (or 2018 if you haven't filed yet) so no need to follow up on that.  As for the income tax refund, if it hasn't even been accepted yet, the IS dept hasn't reviewed yet, so yes I agree with you and your case is still open. You should be good . It may still take a while because she also stated that they are still working on issues caused by a system glitch that occured back Feb. Sooooo many glitches all of the sudden 🙄

TMG5
Level 2

I filed with TurboTax for the last six years now since I’ve been married. Spoke with someone from the IRS today due to my entire stimulus being garnished due to my husbands back child support and now they’re saying after reviewing my 2018 return, they don’t see an injured spouse allocation attached. The guy told me I won’t be getting a stimulus because of this “glitch” by TurboTax because they don’t do retro pay even if I were to file another one. I’ve received my portion of my return every year including this one so how have they not received the injured spouse form for 2018 and if I filed this year why wouldn’t they use my latest return filed?! Please help me!!

What year do I put for the tax year when I fill out 8379 form for my stimulus check

@Babes0726  what number did you call? I've been trying to get a live person for weeks now. 

It’s [phone number removed]. Just wait for a live person and this is on the stimulus so she ended up transferring me to an actual irs agent which I held for 45 minutes.   But it’s worth it. 

@Babes0726  can you send me the number in private message, turbo removed the number. 

My name is Dawn Redmon, my spouse Edward Bugayong has his tax refund taken every year, I don't work, I normally don't file taxes and I'm on SSI, Edward Bugayong my husband filled married filing jointly, we got married on September 8 2018 and my part was taken from the stimulus,  given to couples $2400 for married couples, he works and his taxes were taken $1,041, how can I my part of the stimulus package.?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies