turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Injured spouse and stimulus payment

@Mhulsey2506 wrote:

How can we issues a second payment before everyone gets the first one that was due to them???

There is no second stimulus payment.

Has Anyone here have received their stimulus? 

@Lolatalavera not me!! i did call child support and my husbands $1200 plus $1000 that should have been given to 2 of my kids was used to pay the past due child support. so now i guess im waiting on the other half. i get mad even thinking about this. took money from 2 of my kids to give to a kid that didnt come outta me. *humph* !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree

@Critter  I have tried several times to call IRS and it's just a recording saying there's no one to take the call and some basic information 🤷‍♀️

They are adding phone personnel every week however getting thru is going to be iffy if at all ... keep trying.

It shows mine will be deposited in my bank account on May 6 but until now I didn’t received yet . 

I spoke to the IRS yesterday because I have not received my portion of the stimulus payment. My husband owes arrears and we filed an injured spouse form. The IRS stated BFS took half of the payment to offset arrears and should have released the remaining half as I do not have any debt, but BFS took the full payment. I know they only credited half to his arrears for child support but have no idea how to get my half back from BFS!! I tried to call and their system states they are undergoing maintenance and cannot take calls 😡 so they were quick to release money for arrears, but just forget about the other party who has NOTHING to do with the arrears? How do I get my portion back from BFS!???

Also, IRS said if I do not claim the money, they will send the remaining portion to offset arrears, but how do you claim the money when you can’t even contact them? 

Can someone help me here?

I am primary breadwinner, larger income than hubby. We filed jointly for 2018 and 2019 and owed for both years. So I did not file injured spouse for either year since we were not due a refund.

Fast forward - he has back child support and you know where this is going. They took my stimulus payment. I need it desperately.

2019 has already been filed and we are setting up a payment plan for the taxes owed.  How do I get my money back on Stimulus?  The taxes owed were both of us - both of us had too little taken out.

Thanks!

The Second Wife

anyone received their stimulus yet? 

Okay I hope this sheds some light on the injured spouse stimulus payment. I just talked to someone at the IRS and they informed me that my entire stimulus went to back child support from my spouse arrears. They don’t have a procedure for this type of situation and do agree that this is not my debt nor is it any of the other injured spouses in the world!  They are submitting a review to have this procedure submitted because this type of situation is new and obviously they didn’t think about all the different types of situations.  I spent 2 hours on the phone with this guy and I have to say he was doing everything he could to get this resolved because it is not fair especially during this crisis. He told me they are getting new procedures daily but don’t have one on how they are going to address this particular situation that’s happening to a lot of people. He told me to call back in a week and check in to see if there are new procedures regarding this. They know this is a problem and didn’t think about how it would affect some of us. So they have to fix it especially since most of us file every year with this form. He did say that the injured spouse form is only for tax refunds but they never told anyone what to do because everything shut down so this is not our fault because we didn’t know. So to everyone going through this, hang in there and be patient cuz they are working on this situation. Hope this helps!  Stay healthy and bless y’all!

I got mine and my husband today they kept my kids very happy to get some

I got mine today

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies